TWENTY-FOUR

"One lie is enough to question all truths

"One lie is enough to question all truths."
{unknown}

//

below is what happened when they went to Kieran's house to find Derek and the second letter. I'm putting it as a flashback, you'll see why later.

//

"Kieran, I'm feeling so sick to my stomach right now." Pony spoke while holding his stomach. We were right outside my old house, and my ear was to the door.

I took a shaky breath. "I can go in by myself if you want."

He shook his head repeatedly. "Why in the world would I let you go in there by yourself?"

"Well, then let's go. I want to get this over with."

I slowly opened the door, it making a slight creak as I opened it. I peeked inside, being greeted with total darkness. Being too afraid to turn the lights on, I just tip-toed in, crawling on my knees with Pony following behind me.

He grabbed my wrist from behind, making me turn my head towards him. He leaned in and whispered. "Kieran, as much as you don't want to, we have to turn the lights on or we'll never find the letter or Derek."

I took a deep breath and nodded, Pony went over to the light switch and flipped it on, revealing the house that I buried deep within my mind. I immediately spotted the note sitting on the table and grabbed it. I stuck it in my pocket and looked around the house to find Derek.

Pony and I glanced in every room and then our footsteps landed right in front of my parents' bedroom. My shaky hand lifted and landed on the cold doorknob. I closed my eyes and turned it, pushing it open.

I didn't want to open my eyes, but I had to. When I opened my eyes, I gasped and turned into Pony's chest. There in the middle of the floor, was a chair. Derek was tied to it, his mouth covered in cloth and blood everywhere. There was a note attached to him.

Even the doctor can't save himself from me.

Who's next?

-Lead

Just as Pony and I were about to walk back out, we saw two figures in front of us. I screamed and one put their hand over my mouth. "Shhh, it's Dally. Keep it down."

Johnny's eyes were wide and his jaw dropped. Dally knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "What are you so shocked about, Johnny?" He turned his head towards the direction of Derek and even Dally's face went pale.