Chapter 1

--A Few Days Later--

Max POV:

A couple days later and I haven't left Camp Half-Blood once.

Chiron won't allow any of the demigods to leave, especially that all of them now know I'm from another planet.

My secret had somehow gotten around camp and now everyone thinks I'm extremely special and important. Some think I'm dangerous and avoid me, but I'm fine with that. Most of the time I'm usually training or in the Poseidon cabin, thinking about John.

John is the one I regret leaving the most, and every time I think of him, I fiddle with the ruby he gave me. Not only that, but every time I think of John, I think of Ivan.

I regret killing Ivan, it's one of my worst fears coming true- hurting my family or friends. Even though no one else believed it, Ivan was my friend, and he still is, dead or alive.

I walk to the Poseidon cabin after sword-fighting with Jason, taking out the ruby from my pocket, and I decide that it's finally time I do something I've never done before. John retrieved my chest last year, but I've never opened it, and I think it's time now.

I run the rest of the way to the Poseidon cabin and open my bottom drawer that's lying next to my bed. While I was gone, completing the quest when I first arrived to camp, some of the demigods helped to put an extra bed and drawer in the Poseidon cabin for me, which I'm extremely grateful for.

The other son of Poseidon, Tyson, arrived to camp months ago, and I finally got to meet him. It turns out he's a young cyclops, about eight years old, but he's extremely sweet and gentle and loves building things. He and Leo have grown close and Leo showed me a bunker hidden deep in the woods called Bunker 9, where he spends most of his time.

It turns out that Leo died and came back during the war with Gaea, resurrected by the Physician's Cure and Festus, who is once again a full bronze dragon thanks to Leo.

Percy and Annabeth have grown much closer, and they're almost always out together along with Piper and Jason and Frank and Hazel. I met tons of other demigods at camp as well including Travis and Connor Stoll, sons of Hermes (we love to pull pranks on the other cabins with each other), Katie Gardner and Miranda Gardiner, daughters of Demeter, Lou Ellen Blackstone, daughter of Hecate, Grover Underwood, a satyr and Percy's best friend who helped Percy on multiple quests, and Grover's girlfriend, Juniper, a tree nymph.

Hazel, Frank, Jason, and many other Roman demigods from Camp Jupiter have been visiting very frequently. The one I'm closest to is the praetor, Reyna, a daughter of Bellona, Roman goddess of war. We became pretty close after she gave me a tour of New Rome and Camp Jupiter and I showed her around Camp Half-Blood. She even started training me to improve my skills with weapons and hand-to-hand combat, which eventually lead us to becoming extremely close friends and hanging out very often. Reyna reminds me a lot of Six; tough, strong, determined, and smart.

Another person I've grown very close to is Nico di Angelo, son of Hades. I saw him sitting alone at Hestia's Fire and went to go talk to him, and we've been close friends ever since.

Turns out Octavian died during the war, and he's the one who apparently killed Leo. When Reyna informed me on that, we were both hanging out by the lake and she showed me Octavian's gold dagger. She then allowed me to call over Leo so he can burn it.