Chapter 18

Six's POV:

The moment we get back to the penthouse in Chicago, Nine whoops and flops on the comfy white couch. "Dam it's good to be back!" He exclaims.

I chuckle and roll my eyes, taking a seat on a plush white seat next to the flat screen T.V and around the large glass and white marble coffee table surrounded by white seats and couches outlined in gold like every other piece of furniture in the penthouse. I glance around and notice Ivan looking around in wonder and curiosity. I almost forgot that he's never been here before. I catch Max leaning in to whisper something to him and I use my enhanced hearing to listen in: "I'll show you around later," she says to him. He smiles down at her gratefully and places his hand on her shoulder, leaning down next to her ear to say something else.

"This is a pretty big upgrade from Mog bases," he replies and Max chuckles. I crack a smile but feel a slight pang of guilt in my chest. I've been captured in the West Virginia base and I've been to Dulce Base in New Mexico. I know what they look like and they're not very pretty, comfortable places. All the walls are worn-down, cracked, and dirty and any paint is dry and peeling. The floors are rough, uneven, and cold and the bedrooms have small, creaky beds with terrible, uncomfortable pillows and mattresses, nearly-destroyed furniture, and small bathrooms with broken sinks and toilets. That may sound like it's only for the prisoners, but it's like that for the Mogs who live there, too. I saw the rooms during our fight at Dulce Base. If Ivan has been living there his entire life, it's no shock why he's so amazed by all of this. I kind of feel bad for him.

"Alrighty!" Nine exclaims, jumping off the couch and smiling widely at us. "What're we going to do now?" He asks us all.

"Well...you mind telling us what this new legacy of yours is, Max?" Sam asks, taking a seat next to mine. Max glances at Ivan as he sits down on the armrest of a white couch and he flashes her a supportive smile.

"Uh, it's...resurrection," she answers. I suck in a breath and so do a lot of the others. I mean- resurrection. I knew what she has since Ivan, Nine, and Five magically showed up with them in New York, but hearing her say it out loud makes it so much more real. That's probably going to be the most useful legacy ever.

"Who have you resurrected so far? Just Ivan, Nine, and Five?" Eight asks her and she nods her head.

"Yeah, just those three. But I will bring back more people, I promise. I just need Nico..." Max trails off, a look of deep thought on her face. I remember Nico di Angelo, the son of Hades. He can raise the dead and talk to them. I guess Max and Nico somehow met up and Nico allowed her to talk to Ivan, Nine, and Five, where she discovered her incredible new legacy.

"He's still in New York, how is he supposed to get all the way here?" Eight asks out loud.

"He can shadow-travel, which is exactly what it sounds like- traveling to shadows. He can go long distances, but it will take a lot of his energy, so we'll have to wait for a bit after he gets here," Max explains and everyone nod their heads, though some still look confused.

"How are we supposed to contact him and ask him to come here? Demigods can't use phones, right?" John asks and Max nods her head. Apparently, demigods using phones is like a tracker for monsters all around the world. It's basically like waving your arms and yelling 'I'M A DEMIGOD! I'M RIGHT HERE, COME AND GET ME!' in a sea of monsters. (Totally didn't mean that pun)

"We can Iris-Message him. Percy gave me a few drachmas just in case. I just need to find a rainbow and we're set," Max explains and John nods his head.

Marina furrows her brows in confusion. "Drachma? What's a drachma?" She asks and I kind of start to feel bad for Max. It's like an interview for her, and I know her enough to know that she doesn't like being the center of attention.

"Demigod money," Max answers simply, shrugging her shoulders. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a gold coin- a drachma. I've never seen one before and, judging by the interested faces on the others, they haven't either.

Max throws the drachma to Marina. She catches it and examines it, turning it around in her palm. Then she throws it back to Max and she puts it in the pocket of her blue jeans again. She's also wearing a bright orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt under her black leather jacket, though her jacket is zipped up half-way. That's off. She never does that. I brush it off as Adam asks another question: "So, basically, we find a rainbow, use this drachma coin to contact Nico, he'll shadow-whatever here, raise the dead, and you'll resurrect them?" Max shrugs her shoulders.

"It's pretty simple, really," she replies and Adam's mouth hangs open. To Max it's easy, but the rest of us aren't demigods. We can't do things like they do like control water whenever they want or Iris-Message and travel to shadows and raise the dead.

"Alright!" Nine exclaims, clapping his hands together with a huge grin on his face. "When do we start?"

"Now." Max answers and Nine's grin widens. He must really miss his Cêpan, Sandor Worthington.

"Okay, but Max can't resurrect everyone today. Who are we going to start with first?" John asks. That's true. Max can't resurrect everyone. That'll be way too much work.

Max thinks for a moment then answers with: "We'll start with the Cêpans. They'll definitely know what to do."

"What about Number Three?" Eight asks. Max purses her lips.

"I don't even know what Three looks like, or what his Earth name is," Max replies honestly.

Adam steps up. "I do. His name is Hannu. I met him after the incident in London," he explains.

"Yeah, I remember him," Ivan responds. Adam glares at him.

"Of course you do," Adam sneers at him and Max quickly stops the little argument.

"Okay, I'm going to find a rainbow so I can Iris-Message Nico. Who's coming with me?" Max asks and Nine automatically steps up.

"I will," he says quickly, a little too excitedly. Max smirks.

"Well, I know whose Cêpan I'm resurrecting first," Max tells everyone and Nine slightly blushes, genuinely smiling brightly for the first time in weeks, maybe months. Max looks around again. "Anyone else?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Scavenger hunting for rainbows isn't exactly my thing, but I'll come," I tell Max, stepping up towards her.

Max smiles at me and turns to the rest of the group. "Alright, I'll see you guys later." Then Nine, Max, and I turn around and head out the door.

"Well, this is going to be fun," Nine says aloud and Max chuckles.

"Your Cêpan's name is Sandor, right?" Max asks Nine. He slightly blushes again. He is way too enthusiastic about coming on this little quest, even if I'm really excited, too. I get to finally see Katarina again. I can live with her and talk to her and hug her again. It's a miracle.

"Yeah," Nine replies, nodding his head and Max smiles.

"I bet he was a really good Cêpan," Max tells Nine and he nods his head in agreement.

"Amazing. What about your Cêpan? Conrad?" Nine asks. Max nods her head and looks at the ground as we head towards the elevator, Max and Nine in front of me.

"He was amazing, too, right?" Nine asks. Max purses her lips, looking almost solemn.

"Uh, I don't remember anything about him," Max replies, her voice soft and quiet.

Nine looks down at Max as she stares straight ahead. I can't read the emotion in his eyes, but I can tell that it's deep. Nine sucks in a breath and stares ahead at the elevator in front of us.

We enter the elevator in less than seconds and we head down a hundred floors to the main lobby. Then, without another word, we walk out into the warmth of the glowing sun above us.

We're going to resurrect everyone we need and want, and the Mogs finally can't stop us.

--------------------

Quick Question: How many books do you want there to be in this series?