Chapter 16

Max's POV:

I stop abruptly.

"What?" I ask Ivan.

My eyes are turning green? They can't be. I really need to start looking in a mirror every once in awhile. 

Ivan smirks. "Your eyes. They're turning back to the color they were before you were resurrected," Ivan leans in closer to me, once again staring deeply into my eyes. "It's like I can see a little bit of the old Maggie in there," he whispers and I stiffen at that name. No one has called me 'Maggie' since the West Virginia base, and that is definitely something I don't want to relieve. Maggie Hoyle is gone, and I don't want her to come back.

Ivan smiles and continues to walk to the others. They're far ahead of us so Ivan and I jog to catch up with them. When we finally reach them, Ivan flashes me one more smile before making conversation with Five again.

John then backs up next to me and stops me from going any further. I look at him and he looks guilty.

Not this again.

"Max, I'm sorry. I know I'm being harsh but I-"

John stops as I pull him in and kiss him. He's shocked at first but kisses me back. It's a long kiss and when we break apart, I automatically feel like going in for another one.

"I love you Max. And nothing's going to change that," John whispers to me.

"I love you, too, John, but you need to learn that Ivan isn't going to hurt me. He's with us," I whisper back. John nods his head and looks down. When he looks back up at me, there's a warm smile on his face. 

"I'll try, I promise," he replies.

After a few minutes, we're back at the building. Six, Sam, Malcolm, and Ella are all there waiting for us. They freeze when they see Nine and Five.

"Nine, Five. How-" Six starts but John cuts her off.

"Let's just say that Max has a new legacy," John tells her. Six's eyes widen when she realizes what that means.

"Okay...but what is he doing here?" Sam asks, pointing to Ivan. He uncomfortably shifts from one foot to the other and looks down at his feet.

"Don't worry, he's with us," I tell Sam who looks at me with one brow raised.

"Easy for you to say," Sam replies and he turns to John. "Is he okay?"

John glances at me and sighs. "Yeah. He's fine," he replies. Sam's mouth hangs open in shock. Even Ivan looks surprised. John catches my eye and I slightly smile at him.

"Okay, we have to get the chests from the penthouse, then we'll leave," I announce to everyone and everyone else nod their heads in agreement. Eight, John, Marina, Nine, Five, and I head to the penthouse to get our chests and Six comes along to help.

"Wait, Max?" Sam calls to me. I turn around to face him and he looks confused.

"Yeah?" I ask him. He walks up to me and looks at my neck.

"Where'd you get that from?" He asks me and takes my pendant in his hands.

"Ivan stole it from the ship for me," I answer bluntly and head back to the others without another word.

"Max, we have a problem. We still don't have our legacies," John tells me.

"Still? If we don't have our legacies, then where's Setrákus Ra?" I ask everyone. They shrug their shoulders and look around. No sign of Setrákus Ra. He must be hiding in the woods at a shorter height.

"Well, what do we do?" Five asks. An idea pops into my head.

"Hold on," I tell them. I gather water from the woods and create a small hurricane next to me. I jump on my mini hurricane and everyone looks impressed as I stay atop the water.

"Show-off," Six says and I splash some water in her face. She spits some water out of her mouth and I smirk.

"I'll get the chests and you guy get ready to catch them," I tell them. They nod their heads and I levitate my hurricane to the highest floor and right through the hole.

I let my hurricane disappear and walk down the hall, opening the third door to the left. Inside is completely empty expect for a huge brown cardboard box. I open the box and inside are everyone's chests. I pick up the first one I see, which I realize is Eight's. I also lift Nine's chest up and place both the chests on my shoulders, then head back to the hole.

"Nine! Eight! Here are your chests!" I yell down to Nine and Eight, gather water from the kitchen behind me, create two small hurricanes for the two chests, and slowly bring them down.

"Got 'em!" I hear Nine shout to me. I turn around and rush back to the chests. I grab John and Marina's chests and bring those two down as well. Finally, I grab me and Five's chests.

"Five! Take it!" I yell down to Five and bring his chest down as well. I hold my chest in my arms and I remember why I came back in the first place.

I place my chest on the ground and put both my hands on the lock, and it clicks open.

I freeze for a second until closing the chest shut again. Conrad is dead.

But I don't care anymore. With my new legacy, I can bring all of them back.

"Max! Are you okay?" John calls to me. I create a mini hurricane under me, grab my chest from the ground and slowly bring myself back to the others.

"Fine," I reply and and let my hurricane disappear. I place my chest on the ground and everyone scavengers around for weapons. John uses his diamond edged Loric dagger, Nine uses his pipe staff, Six uses her sword, Sam and Malcolm use pistols, Ella uses a Mogadorian dagger, Five uses his sleeve-sword contraption from his chest, Adam uses his father's sword, Ivan uses his Mogadorian sword and Eight and Marina find Mogadorian swords on the ground from the latest battle and take those.

I click open my chest and carefully dig through it. I see many objects like crystals and rocks, none of which I'm familiar with.  When I reach the bottom of my chest, I find a black Loric dagger similar to John's, the handle embedded in glowing blue Loralite.

I pick it up and it doesn't wrap around my hand like John's does, but it feels natural to hold it and the handle fits perfectly into my hand, like it was made for me.

I close my chest and shove my dagger into the waistband of my jeans, then find my Celestial bronze sword on the ground and sheathe it. I stand up and grab my chest, facing everyone else.

"Alright, let's get out of this city," I tell everyone. They all nod their heads in agreement and together we all make our way out of the city on foot. Soon enough, all of our legacies finally come back and I take one more glance behind me at the woods leading to Camp Half-Blood before continuing forward. 

------------------

Quick Question: Who's your favorite character from this fan-fiction?