Chapter 22

Nico's POV:

Summon eleven dead people today? No problem. I mean, I did just summon a whole skeleton army, right?

"Okay, let's get out of here before the Mogadorians find us," Max tells us and we all nod our heads in agreement. No one asks me, Ivan, or Max any questions, which I'm grateful for, honestly. I don't like being the center of attention, which I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now. Max definitely does and whenever someone puts me under the spotlight at Camp Half-Blood, Max jumps in and helps me.

We all easily find empty cars in the abandoned streets of downtown Chicago. It's not exactly Camp Half-Blood, but it's really pretty with the tall glass skyscrapers shimmering in the sun's bright glow, the lake behind me a beautiful sea blue with a tint of green from the sun and a gray mist rolling out over the lake.

We all jump into a few empty vans. I ride with Max, Ivan, John, a Chimæra named Bernie Kosar, Six, Nine, and Five. 

"Alright, let's get out of this city!" Nine yells enthusiastically as Max starts driving away, leading the others away from downtown Chicago. She looks like someone who's going to go one hundred fifty miles an hour and say she's going 'slow'.

Max floors it and John in the passenger seat taps her leg and whispers to her: "Too fast." Max flashes him an apologetic smile and slows down to sixty miles.

Soon enough, we're just outside of downtown Chicago and we've found a small acre of grass where I can summon the dead so Max can resurrect them. Speaking of 'resurrect', I haven't thanked Max for resurrecting me yet. I will soon. Maybe after this 'whole resurrecting eleven people in one day' thing is over.

As we all head towards the empty acre of grass, Max starts fiddling with something in her pocket. I don't know if I'm correct or not, but I'm pretty sure it's that ruby John gave her on their ship. I know that because Max told me all about it at Camp. She says that I'm trustworthy and knows that I won't tell any of the other demigods. I promised to keep it a secret, and I will keep that promise. She also said that she told Reyna as well.

"Okay, who do you want me to summon first?" I ask Max. Everyone has decided to stay behind while I summon the dead and Max starts resurrecting them.

"Nine's Cêpan, Sandor Worthington," Max replies. I nod my head and think 'Sandor Worthington'.

Not five seconds later, a tall, muscular man in a black suit with black hair slicked back with gel rises from the ground. He looks confused at first, then sees the glowing blue Loric pendant around Max's neck. He looks down at her.

"Who are you?" He asks Max with a deep voice.

"Max Jackson. Number Two," Max replies and Sandor looks shocked at this.

"Number Two? But..." He starts but Max cuts him off.

"Yeah, I know. I'm supposed to be dead, I get that a lot. Well, I'm back, and I believe it's time for you to come back as well," Max tells Sandor and without another word, she reaches out and grabs Sandor's shoulder. Sandor looks startled but then realizes that Max is touching him, that he's alive.

"What just-"

"Sandor," I hear Nine call out to Sandor from behind us. I turn around and Nine is grinning widely. Sandor smiles at his Garde, then they both rush up to each other and embrace each other. I hear everyone behind them whoop and cheer as the two hug each other tightly.

The next people I summon have the same reaction as Sandor, and time goes by like a blur. After Sandor, I summon John's Cêpan, Henri, then Eight's Cêpan, Reynolds, Marina's Cêpan, Adelina,  Six's Cêpan, Katarina, Five's Cêpan, Albert, and Ella's Cêpan, Crayton.

After them, Adam helps us, telling us that Number One's Cêpan is Hilde. Once I summon her, Adam confirms that it's her and Max resurrects her. Then Adam describes Number Three's Cêpan, and after I summon him and Max resurrects him, he tells us that his name is Umar.

After all the Cêpans are resurrected, Adam once again helps us by telling us Number Three's name, Hannu, and what he looks like. I summon him, Adam confirms that it's him, and Max resurrects him.

"Alright. One more person," I say aloud, turning to Max. Everyone else is too busy with their Cêpan t that they don't pay Max and I any attention. Max nods her head at me.

"What's his name?" I ask her.

"Conrad Hoyle." Max answers. I nod my head and think Conrad Hoyle.

Not five seconds after that, a tall, muscular man with bright blue eyes and messy red hair has been summoned, but he doesn't seem recognize Max at all. He looks confused, looking Max up and down with an analyzing look in his eyes. Max on the other hand, has wide, shocked eyes and a faint smile on her lips.

"Who are you?" He asks Max with a deep voice.

"Conrad, it's me, Max." When Max gets another confused face from her Cêpan, she corrects herself with, "Maggie."

Conrad freezes. He knows who she is now. Maggie Hoyle, another thing Max told me all about at Camp- her life in London and what her name used to be.

"Maggie..." Conrad trails off, looking deeply into Max's eyes. Max smiles at him and extends her arm towards Conrad, who doesn't hesitate. He takes Max's hand in his, and just like that, he's back.

Max and Conrad stay like that for awhile before pulling each other in for a tight hug. I look around and almost everyone seems happy except Hilde. We haven't found Number One yet, but we will soon, hopefully.

Max smiles at me while still tightly hugging Conrad. "Thank you," she whispers to me, so quiet I can barely hear her, and I smile back at her.

"No problem, Max," I respond, and maybe, just maybe, Max will resurrect my older sister, Bianca di Angelo for me. Maybe.

-------------------

Quick Question: Would you like me to make a remake of this series when I've finished it? The remake will not be a Lorien Legacies, Divergent, and Percy Jackson crossover, but a Lorien Legacies, Divergent, and Harry Potter crossover.

Want me to do it? Answer in the comments!