Chapter 6

Max's POV:

I race after the Mogs, anger rising in my chest.

They killed Nine and Five. They killed my family and my people. They're the reason Lorien is completely destroyed. 

I deflect another cannon fire with my telekinesis. I turn invisible and start picking off Mogs one by one. Soon enough, my sword is almost completely covered with ash. I think. I can't exactly see it.

Marina blasts ice their way, impaling them in the chest. Six creates a huge storm above the Mogs, striking them with powerful lighting bolts. Eight is teleporting to them, raging with Nine's pipe staff. John is shooting fireballs at them and turning them to ash with his dagger. Ella's picking them off with her dagger as well. Sam and Malcolm are firing bullets into their heads and Adam is dusting them with his sword as BK pounces on them as a variety of large, deadly animals.

Now it's my turn.

I take a running start and leap into the air. I zip through the Mogadorians, turning each one I pass into ash.

It doesn't last long.

As I kill off another three Mogadorians, the heavy rain and thundering lighting bolts all stop. The sizzling of John's fire suddenly stops. Marina's icy blasts towards the Mogs cease to exist. I fall to the ground and land on my shoulder. I grit my teeth in pain as I slide across the wet cement, holding my now newly-scraped shoulder. I hold tightly onto my sword.

I jump to my feet and a horde of Mogs are coming at me from all different directions. I take them all out in a matter of seconds. As I kill off another Mogadorian in front of me, the searing pain of a Mogadorian cannon hits my back and I fall to the floor, my sword skittering away from me. I turn on my back and am greeted by another Mogadorian cannon hitting my chest. I bite my lip, trying not to scream out in pain.

I reach for my sword, which is about six feet away from me. I can't reach it. I look around me at the surrounding battle. Sam has been shot in the shoulder and Malcolm is making sure no Mogs get to him. John is fighting off as many Mogs as possible, protecting Ella, who's knocked out at his feet. Eight is protecting Marina, who no longer has a blade of pure ice to defend herself with. Six is backing up Adam, who's badly wounded and BK is a huge lion, pouncing on the Mogs, but there's a trail of blood running down his side from a deep stab wound on his back.

As I struggle to get on my feet again, I get punched in the face by a hard hand. I fall on my back again and look up to see a smirking Mogadorian looming over me.

"You might have been able to escape last time, but this time will be different. There's no Ivan to help you this time," the Mogadorian sneers.

Anger boils up inside me as the Mogadorian mentions Ivan. I lift up my leg and kick the Mog's knee in as hard as I can. I hear a deafening crack and the Mog howls in pain, slightly backing up from me with a limp. I jump to my feet and punch the Mogadorian in the face. He stumbles back and unsheathes his sword. With a battle cry, he slashes at my arm. With his good leg, he kicks me in the chest, wincing in pain as he puts all his weight on his broken leg.

I stumble backwards and instead of going for him, I dive for my sword. I grip it tightly and charge at the Mog. He drops his sword and instead pulls out his cannon. He aims it at me and pulls the trigger. I dodge the green ball of fire hurtling my way and kick the cannon into the Mog's chest. He falls on his back and I drive my sword right into his throat. He turns to ash and I sheathe my sword. I grab the cannon from the ground and start firing at Mogs all around me.

Then I feel a throbbing pain in my head as a Mogadorian bangs the hilt of his sword against it from behind. I stumble forward but quickly regain my balance, though I feel about ready to pass out.

I whip around and immediately pull the trigger of the cannon. The Mog standing behind me dodges it and quickly tackles me to the ground, smashing my hand holding the cannon against the ground, causing me to drop it.

I struggle as he pins me down by my wrists. He laughs at me and I breathe heavily. I continue to attempt to free myself, but I can't.

The Mog smirks down at me. "No way you're getting out of this one, Garde."

Garde. That's what Ivan used to call me.

I struggle with renewed vigor but I still can't manage to free myself from the Mog's tight grip on my wrists, and he easily outweighs me.

"Well, I'd kill you know, but we still need you alive. He still needs you alive." The Mog's smirk widens and he turns to face something in the distance.

Then he turns back to me. He unsheathes my Celestial bronze sword and throws it as far as he can away from me. He pins my arms down with his knees and takes out a pair of handcuffs. He automatically cuffs me and gets up. He grabs my arms, pulling me up with him, and drags me away. I thrash as hard as I can, trying to get away from him but he holds me too tight. I try to shout to the others but the Mog slaps his hand over my mouth, muffling my screams.

As he drags me away into the woods, I continue to struggle against his grip and I decide to try a new tactic. I drive his back into a tree, audibly knocking the wind out of him, but he still doesn't let me go.

Hands still cuffed behind my back, I jump up and try to bring us both down. I quickly realize that that was a mistake.

The Mog can easily hold all my weight. So instead of bringing him to the ground, he easily picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I shout in frustration and the Mog laughs at me. He continues to walk to wherever he's taking me, probably back to the Anubis. 

I finally stop struggling after what seems like minutes. I know I can't get out of this. The Mog continues to carry my limp body until he suddenly stops.

"Drop her," orders a cold voice. A deep, harsh male voice, one I don't recognize. The Mog follows his orders and drops me. I land on my back with an oof. The Mog turns me around and uncuffs me.

I keep my head down. I don't want to look up.

"Look at me," the low voice growls. I don't follow his order.

"I said look up!" He barks and the Mogadorian who carried me here grabs a handful of my hair and yanks my head up so I can see who's trying to order me around. Good luck with that, buddy.

The Mog backs u but I can't bring my head down. It's being held in place by telekinesis.

I want to go back. I want to go back to the fight. I don't want to be here.

I'm face-to-face with the one and only Setrákus Ra.

------------------