Chapter 15

Ivan's POV:

I quickly unsheathe my Mogadorian sword and swing it at the two Mogs, who don't expect it. They both turn to ash and I don't even wait for them to fully disintegrate. I rush right past them, running towards Max. Whichever Mog is touching her right now is going to regret it.

I finally see Max on the ground, but it's hard to see from the dust and smoke everywhere.

I rush to Max and drop to my knees, kneeling over Max, and she's unconscious. I feel anger building inside me, but it quickly dissipates as Max's eyes slowly peel open. She locks eyes with me and I swear I see a tint of green in the blue part of her eyes.

"Come on, Garde," I mutter to Max and pick her up bridal-style.

"No. J-John. We have to find John," Max croaks. I sigh, but I'm not going to be one of those jerky guys who forgets about the girl's friend. I'll do whatever it takes to make Max happy.

"Okay. Okay, Garde," I start looking around for John but I can't see him anywhere.

"Max! Max!" I hear John call.

Max softly jumps out of my arms and stumbles towards John. I grab her arm with one of my hands to steady her as we head towards John.

"John!" Max calls back. I hear John rush towards us and he soon stops in front of Max. He notices me behind her, my hand on her arm, and how close I am to her. He ignores me, though it looks like he's trying not to punch me again. I guess he has to be nice to me around Max.

John grabs Max's hand and pulls her close to him, my light grip on Max's arm slipping. John slides one arm around Max's waist and with his free hand he grabs his diamond edged dagger. Max wraps one of her arms around John's neck for support and I automatically feel a wave of jealousy wash over me. I push it down and lead Max and John towards the others, who I'm pretty sure didn't follow me here.

Soon enough, I almost crash right into Adam, who glares at me for a second before he notices Max behind me, right next to John. He brushes past me and softly places his hand on Max's shoulder. Max slightly flinches when he touches her and I almost jump in between them and push Adam away from her.

"Come on, let's go," I tell the others. Adam nods his head and continues to lead us to the rest of the others. We follow behind him and soon catch up with Eight, Nine, Marina, Five, and BK, who are all waiting for us.

"Come on," Adam orders. Before we can take one step ahead, the air explodes. I'm blown backwards and land on my back. I groan in pain and take a deep breath, stabbing pains in my back.

I lift myself up and automatically see Max being restrained by a huge Mogadorian solider. I know why they won't kill her, and even if they tried to, I wouldn't let them.

I jump up and am about to rush to Max when she frees one of her arms from his tight grip and elbow his face then flips herself over his shoulder. When she lands on her feet behind hm, she kicks the back of his knees, unsheathes his sword, and stabs him in the back. I smirk. Looks like she doesn't need any saving.

Adam and John suddenly rush up to Max, who spots me on the ground and runs to me. She drops the Mogadorian's sword and holds her hand out for me to grab. I take it and she lifts me to my feet. I smile down at her gratefully and she smiles back, then turns back to John and Adam, who are both shooting me cold warning glares. I sigh. This is never going to go away.

Max's POV:

"Hey guys, let's go," Ivan tells us three from beside us. He gestures to the direction we were heading in where Nine, Eight, Marina, Five, and BK are helping each other up.

"Sure," John snaps harshly, a cruel expression on his face, something I've never seen before on him. He glares at Ivan coldly for what seems like minutes until he heads towards the others. Adam glances at John with a nervous look on his face and follows him without a glance to me or Ivan.

Ivan slings his arm around my shoulders and I look up at him with my eyebrows furrowed, though I can't wipe the smile off my face for some reason.

"I don't think John is very happy about me being back," Ivan jokes.

I sigh. "I don't know what I'm going to do about him," I reply. Ivan shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know what you can do, but I guess I can try to do something to like, show I'm really with you guys," Ivan says. I look up at him and he looks deep in concentration.

"Ivan, no," I reply quickly. "You don't have to prove yourself to anyone, especially John. He just needs to learn for himself that you're not a bad person, and he can figure that out himself."

Ivan looks surprised and amused, a small smirk on his face. "Say that to his face, I dare you."

I chuckle and smile at him. We start walking towards the penthouse again and by now, the others are almost out of view. Ivan grabs my hand and squeezes it once, and I don't pull away. I know Ivan loves me in a way I don't, but he's still my friend.

"Oh, and, Max? One more thing," Ivan pauses. "Your eyes are turning green."

What?

--------------------

Fun Fact: I still don't know what ship you guys like the most, please help me I'm confused:

John and Max?
Leo and Max?
Or Ivan and Max?
Comment below please!