7: Meet Jung Hoseok

"Can you please take care of Kara today?" Hoseok pleaded to his best friend since the age of five.

"No." She hastily replied as she huffed her bangs out of the way.

"Julia please!" Hoseok let an exasperated sigh escape his mouth, he did not know why his friend was being like this and it didn't help that she was extremely stubborn.

"Hey don't give me attitude, you don't pay me to watch your little sister." Hoseoks frustration definitely did not go unnoticed by an oh so analytical Julia.

"You love Kara so don't even bring up money, You're like a sister to us both!"

Julia groaned feeling the sister zone in the form of blood speeding through the canals of her heart, at the same time causing the organ to thump against her chest. The emotion is so strong it sometimes brings pain to Julia. She's loved the boy for years now and he's completely oblivious to her true feelings, although Julia is not good at hinting at it in the first place. To her, hinting means to bring him food when he's working or aid him when he's sick. Although it's clear Hoseok sees all of her efforts as an act of kindness or maybe even obligation, since to him she's basically apart of their family. Julia is half polish and was born in Poland, she lived there for four years after birth then moved to Korea. She knew Hoseok since she was five, long story short, ever since she was fifteen she saw Hoseok differently. She's now twenty one and she's been attracted to him ever since. When Hoseuk ran away from home, Julia has stuck beside him and Kara, until now she's helped them through thick and thin. Julia would never give the two away to the Jung's whenever they interrogated her on the whereabouts of Hoesuk and Kara.

She was definitely loyal. All she asked in return was for him to love her the way she wanted him to, not the same sisterly way he loved Kara.

"We were suppose to watch that new movie today, anyway you forgot didn't you?" Julia crossed her arms and leaned against the front door.

"Aish.." Hoseok shut his eyes as he furrowed his eyebrows and pinched the bridge of his nose seeing as he's the dramatic that he is. "I'm so sorry Jules, but if I tell you the reason I'm sure you'll be super happy for me!"

"Go on?" Julia was slightly interested.

"I asked a girl out, I'm taking her on a date!" He smiled from ear to ear, the specific smile that she loved.

Meanwhile, Julia felt like dropping to the floor and curling up into a ball like a hedgehog "yeah.. I'm so happy.. For you." Julia forced out the words with a forced smile. She wasn't very good at lying and she never fooled Hoseok, but he decided to blame it on her anger for flopping on her.

"You know you love me-" Hoseuk smirked before Kara came in and cut her brother off.

More than I bargained for, she thought.

"Oppa! Where are you going?" Kara walked towards Hoseok and Julia, she rarely saw her brother going out.

"I'll buy you dinner as pay back Jules," Hoseuk bear hugged Julia and turned to his little sister "don't worry about it, go study so you could get a good job and help pay the bills around here." Before running out the door he ruffles Kara's long hair that she took very good care of. Not being around her mom and dad taught Kara to be a tough independent little girl. She'll be one that guys have to look out for in the future.

"Don't disturb my fine pilus strands." Kara spat.

Julia took in a deep shaky breathe, these days even breathing hurts. She looked down at Kara who was already staring at her, "would you like me to make you a snack?" Kara nodded, not wanting to interrupt herself from studying Julia's facial expression. Kara was one smart ten year old girl, she is the top one percent in her school and already knew what she wanted to study in Uni, Psychology. Which is why she had nothing but time on her hands to analyze the human brain in action.

They both walk into the kitchen. Not wanting to leave Julia, Kara took a seat on a stool at the small table.

"You can wait in the living room and watch tv, It won't take long." Said Julia as she popped two slices of bread in the toaster.

Again, Kara didn't speak, she just shook her head making sure to keep eye contact with Julia's glossy orbs, glistening as if they belonged to an authentic doll.

Julia quickly turned her back from Kara because she literally felt a vein twitch in her heart causing her muscles to tighten, heart rate to increase, and her breath to come out in pants. Julia held on to the kitchen counter too keep steady and not faint. You may think she's is over reacting, but this is six years of sitting on the side lines watching Hoseok date multiple girls, six years of constantly getting reminded that you're just a sister to him, six years of hiding your true feelings from the man you love. That can do a lot of damage to someone and it's starting to take a toll on Julia.

"The perfect girl for him is you and he will not find the right one until he realizes it." Kara spoke up as she predicted exactly what was happening to Julia.

"W-what?" In shock that Kara knew the situation Julia slowly turned around to face her.

"I know you love my brother... More than a friend."

"What?"

"Every time he goes on a date you have a mini panic attack once he leaves. All the works of the anterior cingulate cortex, in which your brain turns emotional pain into physical pain."

"What." Julia was utterly baffled that she was having 'the talk' with a girl half her age, and also by the fact that at a young age Kara knew as much as she did.

"You need to stop holding it in unnie. Just cry, let it all go, I promise you'll feel better because keeping it inside isn't good for your health in the present as well as in the long run."

"How do you-" It was too late for Julia to justify anything that was going on. The ten year old's words hit the spot for Julia and caused her to let the tears flow one after another. the pearl-shaped salt water rapidly rolled down her cheeks from her wide luminous eyes.

Kara kneeled down and rubbed the back of Julia who was now sitting on the floor, head in between her knees. "Don't worry, crying is how the heart speaks, when your lips can't explain the pain you feel."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hoseok pulled the seat out for Minzy in order to show his gentlemen side.

"Aw thank you oppa!" She cheered and clapped her hands together excitedly.

Hoseok scratched the back of his neck due to half awkwardness and half nervousness, "ahh no problem." He said and shot her a smile. The girl was pretty but like all the girls he's dated she was extra, like Kpop idol aegyo type extra, and he did not enjoy that.

Here's how the date basically went: there was a half an hour of chit chatting which mostly consisted of Minzy constantly complementing Hoseuk from head to toe. Once the food got to their table Hoseuk finished his plate before Minzy even touched hers because she was too busy taking selfies of her food, herself, and Hoseuk eating. After that ordeal Hoseuk paid for the food and left while Minzy was freshening up in the bathroom, leaving a note saying that he had to leave due to an urgent matter.

As he walked home he thought of a certain someone and the promise he had made so he decided to go and buy her favourite take out dinner, and her favourite movie on dvd.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

•comment•vote•
Hardly any Hoseuk in this Hoseuk based chapter lmao.
The seven intro chapters are done! You know what this means 🙃 oh yes let the real story begin. The seven chapters where basically about the main characters and getting to know their life style. From now on there will be no authors notes unless it's really important and I'll probably delete all the previous authors notes when I'm don't the book.

Ps: Kara smort she prolly gonna be my fav character LOL.