9: It's complicated

"Can I take a rain check today?"

"Hackers never get a rain check."

"My best friend is sick, Namjoon!"

Namjoon put his phone on speaker and threw it on the couch as he continued doing his sit ups.

"Just go meet the kid again! I checked his records, he's too harmless for a hacker to be involved."

"Why would I go meet him? If you're taking a day off," Namjoon crouched upwards touching his elbows to his knees as he spoke "I'm taking a day off too."

"What ever dude that's money on the line, not me though, I'm hanging up."

The line cut signalling Hoseok ending the call.

Hoseok's POV

"Hobbie just go to work, you have the world to save." Julia coughed as the worried Hoseok put a warm cloth on top of her head.

"And leave you alone to die? The world could wait." Hoseok shot a toothy grin towards Julia's way, making her feel ten times better already.

Julia shivers as sweat beads trickle across her forehead, "you're getting cold sweats." Hoseok climbed into Julia's bed and under her blanket.

"Hoseok what are you doing?" Uncomfortable yet comfortable is what Julia felt, if she wasn't sick this would be her ideal setting. The arms of her first and only love wrapped around her.

"Shhh, you're okay." He whispers as he strokes her hair.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Namjoon's POV

"I can't believe what I'm doing right now." The very indecisive Namjoon can do nothing but talk himself down, as he spies on Soekjin, and hesitates on messaging him to go on a date. As he looks through his hefty binoculars, Namjoon spots Soekjin laying on his bed reading, clearly having nothing to do. Soekjin takes out his phone from his back pocket and scrolls through his contact list stopping on one particular name. Zooming in, Namjoon saw his name and number across the touch screen and all of a sudden everything went blurry. Soekjin got up and paced around his room contemplating if he should call Namjoon or not. Finally Soekjin brought the phone to his ear and Namjoon was already quick to take his own phone out of his pocket.

"Hello."

"Hi Namjoon."

"Hi."

"Um.. I.."

"What do you want?"

Namjoon pulled the binoculars up to his eyes and watched Soekjin at the same time. The poor boy walked over to his bed and sat down with slumped shoulders.

"N-nothing, I meant to call someone else but clicked your number by accident and just decided to say hello."

Soekjin sighed as Namjoon smirked because of the weak lie.

"Oh okay."

"Okay bye."

Soekjin pulled the phone from his ear and was about to hang up before Namjoon spoke.

"Wait!"

"Huh, hello?" 

He put the phone back on his ear.