Chapter 5: Picking Up The Pieces

(Leigh Anne's POV)
I race down stairs and to my car, What the hell happened? What was wrong with Jade? I'll worry about that later I have to get to Jade, she needs me.

I pull up to Sam's house to see Jade on the curb crying, I quickly get out and run up to her "Jadey I-" before I could finish my sentence she tackled me into a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck, while I wrap mines around her waist.

"What happened love?" I asked pulling away to look at her, she shakes her head, I take her hand "It's okay jadey, you can tell me."

"I was about to go see Sam, but when I did he was rubbing and dancing up on some girls, I ended it off with Him and left, and now here we are" she explains sadly chuckling.

"He did what?!, hell no he's not getting away with this" I was about to storm inside when Jade grabbed my wrist, I looked back at her "Jade he hurt you! I can't let it slide!" I yell.

"Leigh...don't, I need you with me not in jail" her voice breaks, I can't leave her, not now, not ever.

"C'mon Jadey" I take her hand and lead her to the car, she gets in and we drive off. On the way home jade was Silent, I could tell she was really torn up about all of this and I'm not surprised, she really loved Sam and as much as I wanna be happy that he's finally out of the picture I can't help but feel sad for jade, I mean she was happy with him, if we Ever end up together (Which I highly doubt) will I ever make her as happy?

We finally get to my house and I let jade out "How you feeling poopey?" She looks at me "Honestly? Like shit" she laughs a bit "I should have saw it coming Leigh, he's been so distant lately and I just ignored it, thinking I was over thinking things" she sobs a bit "Jade, I'm here okay? Come on let's head to bed, hopefully you can clear your head" She nods and we head in.

After getting settled me and jade head to bed, Jesy was over at Pez's so we didn't have to worry about explaining everything again, I feel like if Jade told that story again she'd break into pieces.

"Can we cuddle?" Jade asks, I swear can she get any cuter? "Of course we can love, C'mere" I open my arms and soon I feel her warmth against me, gosh I love this feeling, holding her so close, and being with her, I know I most likely have no chance with her but..I still want to be around her, I've been trying to get her off my mind but now I realize I don't care, I love Jade, It hurts so bad to not see that love returned.

"Thank you so much for everything Leigh, I love you" she smiles and pulls the duvet over us "I love you too jadey" If only she meant the way I did...If only.

~Morning~

(Jade's POV)
I wake up with a pair of arms wrapped around me, I look up to see Leigh, she looks so peaceful.. So beautiful, she literally has been so helpful and amazing to me, maybe she's my personal person because honestly I need one Right now.

I look down at her lips, so soft looking..what am I thinking!? I've never thought of Leigh Anne like that, but lately I just feel different when I'm with her, safer..Happier. Leigh starts to stir and soon enough her big Brown eyes are looking down at me "Morning sleepyhead" I croak she giggles "Nice morning voice" I blush and flick her nose, she wrinkles it, she is so adorable.

I can't help the way I think, I don't why I'm being like that especially after the events of yesterday, I gotta get my head straight, I'm not attracted to Leigh Anne, she's just my best friend, nothing more.

After taking showers and getting ourselves up for the day me and Leigh eat breakfast while chatting and being our silly selves, I legit feel so happy with her, makes me forget about...him. Speaking of which I take out my phone to see dozens of 'I'm sorry' and 'forgive me' texts from Sam, I Roll my eyes and turn off my phone, I'm done with it all, right now all I care about is me and the girls, besides I still gotta help out Leigh Anne with whatever's going on.

"So how about we finish up and head to the mall?" I suggest, she smiles and nods, "Definitely, besides we both need to get our minds off things" she says laughing "you got that right girl" we both giggle and start to finish up our breakfast.

After getting ready and inviting the girls me and Leigh head to the mall to meet up, I couldn't help but notice my tight grip on Leigh's hand, I just feel so secure when I'm around this girl, or is it something else? I shake my head at the thought, no it can't be, Leigh isn't even gay and I don't even feel that way about her.

We pull into the parking lot, after I step out I see a familiar face, fuck no.."Sam" I simply say, and let the problems begin.

(Leigh's POV)
What the fuck is he doing here?, after all that he's done he's the last person Jade's wants to see.

"What do you want?" Jade asks, "I want you back, babe" I wince as he calls her that.

"She's not your babe, and after the shit you pulled your lucky I don't punch you square in the jaw" I grit my teeth.

"This is none of your business, stay out of it" jade clenches her fist "don't fucking talk to her like that, I told you we're done, fuck off" she grabs my hand and pulls me towards the mall "c'mon jadey" he grabs her wrist and she punches him in the face, he grunts and falls back in pain "I told you don't ever touch me again, and don't call me that, you lost all my trust" we both walk away, leaving Sam with a bloody nose.

"Damn jade! Didn't you know had it in ya!" She laughs "neither did I, but that asshole deserves it for talking to you like that, he must have been really stupid to think I'd take him back if he just shows up with a sincere smile" she rolls her eyes, gotta admit this side of jade Is pretty hot.

"Well you beat me to it, I was thinking about hitting him as soon as I saw his face" we both laugh and walk into the mall, well Jade may not be mine, but at least she isn't Sam's.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading, peace!