Chapter 8

A/N: I'm going to start my summer school this week and it's in the morning then band practice at night.

(I'm in a high school band, can you guess which? Here's a clue APACHES!)

So my schedule is rather packed. Hopefully I can still come up with ideas and have time to write them.

Also, 3K readers two or three months after I started this.....AMAZING! When I first started writing this I first got 10 readers then it suddenly exploded and I got almost 1k in like 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, here is Chapter 8, enjoy!

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO AND I NEVER SHALL!
_____________________________________________________________

*2 weeks timeskip*

Third P.O.V

*in the hokage building*

Team 7 was standing in the mission center (idk what it's called.)

"Okay Team 7, we'll give you your first mission of the day."

"You've done that, done that, hmm." The hokage was contemplating the mission sheet.

Naruto and Kakashi waited in tense silence.

They were both thinking the same thing." Please not the Tora mission, please not the Tora mission!"

"Yes, I think I'll have you do this one. Tora the cat."

All three former ANBU flinched and started to shake slightly. (Naruto's not a former, but I'm just saying that here to make it easier.)

Both Sasuke and Sakura noticed this, and wondered why were Naruto, along with two grown men shaking?

'F**king'. Naruto started

'Dammit.' Kakashi finished

*skip to Tora mission*

"Point A." Said a pink haired girl, hidden in a bush

"Point B." Said a raven haired boy, hidden in a tree.

".......Point C." Said a yellow haired boy, hidden in some leaves.

"You're too slow Naruto." Said a silver haired man, who was sitting in a tree reading his precious, orange covered book.

"How far are you from the target?"

"15 meters."

"Same here."

"Okay.....and now!"

"Get over here you f**king a**hole of a cat!"

Naruto landed on Tora, picked it up and held it at arms length.

"Misson complete." Sasuke said over the intercome.

*the hokage building*

Tora was being squeezed to death by her owner.

"Serves her right." Naruto muttered.

"No wonder she ran away." Sakura murmured.

"Okay your next mission-" The Sandaime looked up and noticed Naruto's facial expression.

He was bored out of his mind.

"Okay know what, I'll give you guys a C-rank mission."

Naruto gave a silent sigh of relief. 'Finally, I hope it's something good'

"Yup, I want some action!"

'Hehe, don't we all?'

"Okay, your mission is to protect a bridge builder as he makes his way to the Land of Waves." Sarutobi read through the scroll.

'Land of Waves, haven't been there in a while. Great, I get another shot at Gato.'

"You'll kill him this time, right?"

'We'll see.'

"Send the client in." The Hokage gestured toward the door.

An old man in a straw sun hat, a towel around his neck, drinking a beer with a lazy look on his face appeared at the door. He squinted at the three twelve year olds.

"Can I really be protected by these kids? Also, is the short one really a ninja. "

In an instant Naruto knew that the old man was talking about him. A tick mark appeared on Naruto's forehead and he lunged at the man. Kakashi made a quick grab for the back of Naruto's jacket and held him back.

"Let me go Kakashi. Let me go and let me bash that old man's face into the wall! That's an order. "

"No, can't do that Naruto. You still 12 and throw temper tantrums. You might end up hurting our client, so no."

" Grrrrrrrr." Naruto growled in frustration.

"Oh ya,  I forgot to introduce myself.  My name is Tazuna and I'm the bridge builder you'll be protecting."

Naruto had finally calmed down and Kakashi let go of the boy's jacket saying, "Okay guys meet at the main gate by one."

"Hai!" the three said in unison.

Kakashi poofed away and Naruto exited the room a few seconds later then shunshined to his home.

He grabbed everything he needed,  including his ANBU gear. Along with this mask. Which he put at the very bottom of his pack.

30 minutes later he decided to head out and wait at the main gate. (packing took him about 20 minutes)

When he reached the gate, he saw Sasuke and Sakura already there waiting with old man Tazuna. 

Five minutes later Kakashi appeared.
Naruto was glaring daggers at Kakashi.

'He's being punctual on a low rank mission, but not a high rank ANBU mission?! I'll kill him when we get back."

They headed off with Naruto yelling, "Let's go. Mission start!"

____________________________

Hey guys,  Mistmoon12 here!

Hope that was enough for the start of the bridge mission.  Barely met my deadline, or when I said I would post this chapter.  Lol, it's 11:20pm over here where I am. I'll start Chapter 9 tomorrow.

-Bye!