Chapter 9

A/N: I'm so lucky, my schedule is packed only on Mondays! I have time to write and think of ideas. Well, the land of the waves arc is starting. Most likely gonna write about 4 chapters, including this one, or less.

Let's start!

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO AND I NEVER SHALL!

___________________________________________________________

Naruto's P.O.V

I took the lead. Duckass, Cherry, and old man Tazuna followed. And Kakashi took up the rear.

We proceeded down the path.

Sakura asked Tazuna, "Does the Land of the waves have their own ninja village?"

She chastises me for not knowing anything, and yet she doesn't even know that?

"No." Old man Tazuna responds.

"Why not?"

Are f**king kidding me? She said that she read everything in the book the academy gave us............wait, no, let me rephrase that. She BRAGGED that she MEMORIZED the entire book. Oh. my. God! Has she ever looked the freaking goddamn map that's at the back of that book?!

(As you can see here, Naruto had a hard morning. Starting with Tora the Cat and apparently, Sakura's *ahem* stupidity is giving him a headache. So there you have it.

Just a note, when Naruto has a headache or is in a bad mood, he'll start cussing like crazy. Just keep that in mind for future reference.

Sorry for the interruption, please continue. )

Kakashi's voice broke through my rant. He was explaining that the Land of the Waves village was to small to occupy a ninja village. Sakura made an 'oh' face and didn't say anything else, thankfully.

We continued on and about 15 paces later, we passed a puddle. Both Kakashi and I noticed the 'inconspicuous' puddle.

I twitched my finger, making sure Kakashi saw the signal. It meant, "guard up."

We both kept and eye on the puddle using our peripheral vision. As soon as Kakashi had passed the puddle, and taken about 10 steps, two ninja slipped out. They wrapped a chain around Kakashi, ripping him to shreds.

Sakura screamed and both Sasuke and Tazuna turned around in surprise.

'Quick thinking Kakashi!' I thought.

I glanced at the two assailants, chain claws, masks, the scratched out mist symbol on their hitai-ates.

My eyes widened slightly, 'The Demon Brothers, missing-nin of Kiri! What are they doing here?'

"One down." Gozu said

"Three more to go." finished Meizu

"Die, gaki!" they yelled in unison

They ran at me, I was waiting for them to get close enough so I could break their stupid chain. But suddenly, Sasuke started to attack.

He took out a shuriken and a kunai. He threw the shuriken that caught the chain and pinned it to a tree. Then he threw the kunai to keep it in place. He landed on the Brothers' clawed arms, grabbed one in each hand and kicked them both with one foot.

'Oho. That was good.'

The Demon Brothers released their chain. Gozu ran at Tazuna and Sakura, while Meizu ran at me. Sasuke moved in to protect the two. Good thing Gozu was blocking their view of me. I could have some fun.