1

It was busy in the library when Celine Dunnett came in. Her long brown hair was in a pony-tail and she looked around with her bright gray eyes. Everybody was studying for their tests on the end of this week. These were the first big ones in the year, and this year they had to take their O.W.L.s, so the fifth years wanted to start the year with good grades. Celine knew that the library always is crowded, but right now it really looked like there was no empty spot left. With a huff she walked further in the library. There must be at least one place left, right? She only wanted to study for her Herbology. Celine already learned the summary of all of her classes, she only needed to learn the names and specifications of the foreign plants by heart. It was something she liked to do so she didn't really mind. She wasn't a Ravenclaw for nothing. Finally Celine found a free seat on the end of the library. It was on a large table where a few students were already studying. The vacant seat was next to a Slytherin boy, who had scattered his books and stuff everywhere. When approaching the table she saw that the boy was learning the same as she had to do. Then he must be in her class, as all the Slytherins and Ravenclaws of the 5th year are taking Herbology together. "Um, excuse me." She started whispering to the Slytherin. "Can I sit here please? There are no other places left." The boy looks up from his work. He scowls at her through his glasses, not liking to be distracted. For a second Celine thinks that the boy will refuse to give her the vacant seat. But then he reorganizes his stuff so that the place on next to him becomes free. Celine takes her seat with a small smile at the boy. Content to find her place, she opens her book and notebook and starts learning.

It doesn't take long before the boy next to her starts ticking with his feet. Then he starts sighing, while brushing his hands through his short black hair. Normally Celine isn't this quick distracted, but the boy starts to irritate her to no end. When he takes another deep breath and shuffles through his books, she can't take anymore. "Can you please be quiet, I can't study if you are being this loud." She whispers when looking up from her books. They lock eyes, and Celine tries to look friendly even when irritated. The boy clicks his tong, and mumbles something about that if this 'stupid Herbology wasn't this hard, he wouldn't even be here'. "It isn't that hard." Celine says without thinking. Now she really got the Slytherins attention. "As if a nerd like you could understand, I have a life next to learning. This is just impossible within the time we were given." He says highly and starts to lean backwards in his chair. Celine is almost offended, but then again, what did she expect from a Slytherin. She doesn't answer him and looks back at her book, she is already almost done. She can endure this annoying boy a little longer.
When the sighing starts again she almost gets up and leaves, but when she looks at the boy she sees that he is still trying to read through the first chapter of their assignment. "There is a summary in the back of the book." She whispers without knowing why she should help this guy when he is so mean. The boy looks at her with wide eyes. "No.." He starts baffled, and immediately runs through the pages of the book to the end. "This is-" he looks at the book as if it is his biggest enemy "Eugh" he starts reading then, without saying another thing. The sighing stops at least, and it was not like she was expecting a 'thank you'.

Celine doesn't look up again after that before she finishes her work. When she leaves the library she sees that the boy is still reading. He looks at her when she gets up. She nods at him but he just stares back.

Passing through the corridors to the common room of Ravenclaw, Celine decides to get to bed early that day. Tomorrow is the last day before the tests start, so she needs a good night of sleep. Back in her dorm she finds her friend Luna Lovegood sitting on a couch flaked by bookcases. "Hey Luna, had a nice day?" Luna looks up from her book and a small smile appears on her face. "Yes, but I'm afraid that the Blibbering Humdingers stole my shoelaces again." Celine stops next to the couch and tries to hide her sad thoughts. To many people are bullying Luna because they think that she is weird. She wishes she could do something against it, but the pranksters are smart. Fortunately Luna doesn't seem to care that much about it, or she blames the creatures that only she knows of. Celine only smiles back, "Is that so?" She says. Celine is one of the few people that don't judge Luna for her weird believes. Maybe because she also could have been a Huffelpuff, wasn't it that she chose to be in Ravenclaw. "Well good night Luna, good luck studying tomorrow." "The same to you Celine, don't let the Nargels bite." When Celine gets to bed early she gets her book from next to her bed. 'Only one chapter, and then sleep' she says to herself. She starts reading, but gets so into the story that she doesn't stop before reading 6 chapters further. Celine then looks at her clock. Almost 12 o'clock already? Mission go-to-sleep-early failed. Again. Well at least there are no classes tomorrow because tomorrow's a study day. Tomorrow she will study more, she needs to get high grades this semester. With that in mind she put her book away and says nox to her wand to dim the light. The moment Celine closes her eyes, she falls asleep.