8

With Horace on their side, the captain decides to trust them. The Slytherin girl with the long black hair still looks at them hatefully, but Celine doesn't mind her. After wishing the players a good day, she drags Julie away from there. "What a total bitch." Julie says when they are almost back at the castle.  "I so can't handle that kind of people, I just want to hit them right in the face, preferably with my dictionary." She looks at Celine and sees that the girl is smiling foolishly. Julie then calms down a bit. "But maybe you were right about one thing. Glasses-guy is indeed not that mean." Celine looks to her best friend. "I told you," she says, her eyes shining. "And he helped us both, so now I have a new excuse to start talking with him." She beams, the whole drama totally forgotten.
"Oh girl, there's no denying any longer. You. Are. Smitten!" Julie sings. "Wait Juul, no-" Celine starts but gets interrupted. "Smitten! With the head in the clouds. Totally doomed." Julie says loudly, then bows to whisper. "In loooveee." Celine hits Julie's shoulder. "Shut up," she murmurs. Walking a bit faster. "You didn't denied it!" Julie calls after her, running a few passes to catch up. The rest of the trip they walk in silence, both wearing a silly smile.

They can't find Luna in the common room, or in the library, so they decide to make homework without her. She is always doing her own thing, but the girls try to get involved with the girl a little. They are in the same class and the girl is fun, so why not. "Actually now I think about it, She is gone a lot now days. Maybe she got herself a boyfriend." Julie says, wriggling her eyebrows. "That would be lovely for her." Celine then remembers, "I have seen a Gryffindor boy looking for her a few days ago.."Julie places her quill down, "Really? Let's ask Luna about him later okay? By the way, do you understand the 5th question?" Celine looks back at her notes and answers the question for Julie. They work till dinnertime, but Celine can't really concentrate. Her thoughts constantly go back to the Slytherin boy. Tomorrow they have Herbology together. She still doesn't know how she's gonna start thanking him. Should she just walk to him and say 'hey, thanks for the safe yesterday' or is that to plain. Maybe he doesn't want her to talk to her in the class. Maybe she should go to him after class? The question even keeps her awake that night. When she finally falls asleep, she decided to talk to him directly after the class. The next day she tells Julie her plan. "I can't even hold you back anymore with the hart-breaker warnings, can I?"Julie tells her friend, but looking at her fondly. "Well, then all that is left to do, is supporting you and making this happen!" She surprises Celine with a hug. It makes Celine feel super happy and thankful that she has a friend like Julie.

It appears that Celine worried about nothing. The moment she get's into the Herbology classroom and get to her seat, Horace spots her and strolls right to her. "He Celine," he starts, "Here are your notes, thanks again." He hands Celine her sheets. She accepts them and smiles a bit shy. "And thank you for the save yesterday." she answers. Julie, who sat right next to Celine, joins right in. "Yeah thanks man, we were really in a pinch there. All of that just to see you guys fly." She sighs dramatically and makes Celine laughs. "Well," Horace resorts, "this weekend you can see the real deal, you guys are coming right?" He looks at Celine hopefully. "Apparently I already told you that I would cheer for you, so I couldn't miss it." She says with a wink. Wait did she really just winked at Horace. Her face starts to heat up, but Julie saves her. "We will be there." She confirms. Then professor Sprout announces that she wants to start with the lesson. Horace smiles one last time at Celine and then walks cheerfully to his desk. He is sitting right besides Theodore, and the boys start a hushed conversation.     

After class Julie and Celine are stopped by Theodore and Horace. "Celine, do you still need help with your potions homework?" Theodore starts, elbowing Horace. Horace winces but after a meaningful glance of Theodore the guy falls in, "We wanted to work on that this afternoon and though that you could join, um, if you want of course." The boy fiddles with the rim of his glasses nervously, but his eyes look at her determined. "Ah, eum" Celine starts, blinking at the two boys. Actually she had plans to study with Julie, she glances at her friend for back up. That glance is all Julie needs to read Celine, so she bugs in "Celine is actually quite good in the next potions assignment, but she does need some help with Arithmancy, don't you love?" Julie says, looking at Celine for affirmation. Celine nods. "I'd love to help her but I didn't take that course, did one of you have it by chance?" Theodore looks a bit sour but Horace perks up at those words. "Yes, I have. Do you want my help?" He answers. Celine cheers silently, she is lucky. "That would be great." She confirms. "But if your offer still stands, I am curious if you are as good at potions as you make people believe." Julie continues, while squinting at Theodore. The latter gasps, "You actually question my skills in Potions?" He says astonished. "Well, I don't believe it if I haven't seen it, and maybe I can use some help of a smart person with this assignment. But if you can't do it-" Julie says looking nonchalant. "I will help." Theodore cuts her of. "And I don't like Arithmancy anyway. I will show you that I actually am the best in potions!" The boy says, accepting the challenge. "We see you guys then this afternoon at the library?" Julie asks, looking smug. The boys agree "but don't expect us to do this for free, you know." Theodore says while glaring at Julie. "If we help you guys, we want at least some of your help in return." The girls look at each other. "Deal," Julie agrees. "But I first have to see if you are so good as you say, before I share my precious notes." "Any course specific that we can help you with?" Celine adds. "Well, if want to help with Herbology again, that would be great. Your previous notes were way better than ours." Horace says. "And Theo actually likes that course, but can't stand it that he doesn't get high grades, don't you?" He adds jokingly, leaning on his friend while looking at him mirthful. "What? I'm not that nerdy." Theodore sputters, "Besides we really have to go to the next lesson." He turns around dramatically and starts walking away, "See you guys then in the library this afternoon." He waves without looking back. Horace snickers, "Actually he really is, and he knows it." He whispers to the girls. Then he follows his friend and  says louder this time, "Bye Celine, and friend of Celine's." Celine waves back. "It's Julie!" Julie shouts after him. The boy waves back as affirmation.