14

"I shouldn't have gotten angry." Horace starts. "It's just-" he looks away and tries to find the right words. "I just-" He sighs but Celine waits patiently, so he continues. "You were right." Horace says, looking at Celine briefly. "I am not a pureblood, not even a half blood. My parents are both muggles." He starts talking more softly, and after checking if nobody is around them he continues. "Nobody knows about this. The moment I learned that I was a Slytherin, I also learned their opinion about mudbloods. Not knowing what to do, I did what Slytherins do best. I got cunning. I only told people what they needed to know, but hided the things concerning my origin. If they didn't know, then they couldn't judge. It was just my form of self preservation. It worked all this time and nobody even questioned me. Until you came by." They were sitting really close now. Celine had to tilt her head towards Horace's, to hear everything he said in his hushed voice. The hand that Horace had lain on her mouth was now placed on her cheek. His fingertips just touching her brown hair. Celine didn't move. She just looked at the boy before her and listened. "You found out, and I got scared." Horace whispers with an honest face. "I got scared that more people knew about it, that they would judge me about it, that my life as I know it in the Slytherin dorm was over. And I took it off on you. And I am so sorry for that Celine." He takes a deep breath and looks her in her eyes, searching for her thoughts. "I never meant to hurt you." He admits while caressing her cheek with his thump. His touch ever so softly, as if he is scared to hurt her again. Celine sighs and closes her eyes, leaning into his hand. With her eyes still closed she tells him "It's okay, I-I am sorry too. I shouldn't have pried into your privacy that much. For me this became just an other riddle to figure out." She opens her eyes and finds him staring at her intently. "You are not upset anymore?" He asks warily. Celine gives him a shy smile. "No." Immediately her smile is returned with the big smile she likes to see on his face. "And for the record. I don't care if you are a pureblood, or a muggleborn. I just like you because of who you are you." Celine confesses. Horace takes in a shaky breath, looking dazzled at the girl before him. "Celine," he whispers, his brown eyes shining bright. Celine opens her mouth to answer, but whatever she wanted to say is lost when he leans in and presses his mouth on hers.
It takes her a second, but then she kisses the boy back. His hand slides into her hair and holds her in place. She lays her hands on his shoulders, leaning more into the kiss. Her head, always full of thoughts, suddenly is surprisingly quiet. She can only focus on her senses. Smelling the leather from his clothes. Tasting the way his lips are tasting hers. Feeling the warmth of the boy, radiating under her hands. First his kisses are soft and slow, but soon they get more and more overwhelming until they both have to stop to gasp for air. Celine looks up to him, a shy smile spreading on her face. He beams back at her, and places his forhead against hers. "Thank you." He says under his breath.

Celine closes her eyes and takes a moment to just take everything in. There is a comfortable silence for a few seconds. Then she looks at Horace and finds him smiling fondly at her. She tilts her head to the side and looks back at him cheeky. "What are you looking at?" She asks. "Oh," Horace leans his back against the bench again and looks carefree at the tribunes before them. "Just something beautiful." He adds nonchalantly. When it stays silent, he glances to the side. There he sees Celine totally flustered. Somehow that makes him blush too.

Like that, sitting close but staring away embarrassed, Julie and Theodore find them. Theodore seems still a bit worried when he sees them. But Julie already notices the change in tension. "Should we wait a bit longer or can we approach them?" he asks doubtful. Julie's eyes sparkle from joy when she looks back at the Slytherin. "Theo, I think that the mission mend-Celorace is completed." She tells him happily. The Slytherin looks from her to the two and watches them smiling at each other. He high-fives Julie and grins. "We are such a good team." He tells her with a wink. Then he walks loudly to Celine and Horace, "I can't believe it took us that long to find a simple coat." He says dramatically, making sure they hear them coming. Julie looks after him, her face crimson flushed because of that flirtatious wink. Does he wink like that to every girl? Shaking her head to ban those thoughts out her head, she walks after him. "At least we have it back now right?" she answers him. "We? I have it back you mean, no way I lend this precious little one to anyone ever again." Theodore jokes while he buries his face in his coat lovingly. Horace chuckles at the sight and stands up. "There you guys are. We were starting to think that you got lost or something. Right?" He says, looking down at Celine and extending his hand. Celine smiles up at him and takes his hand to get of the bench. "Yeah, or eaten by the Thestrals!" She adds. Theodore looks like she kicked a puppy. "How can you say that, those creatures are harmless cutiepies." "Well,"Julie adds, "Meat eating scary looking cutiepies, or at least, they look scary in the pictures." Theodore scoffs, "If you haven't seen them then you can't judge. They are cuties. They wouldn't eat me, Julie maybe but not me." Celine laughs and together they start walking back to the castle. "Hey, what is that supposed to mean?" Julie shouts after Theodore, but then also follows them with a smile tugging on her face. She doesn't know how it happended, but she is happy that they all became friends. Julie knows she had a lot of prejudices about Slytherins, but the boys definitely showed her wrong. Normally she doesn't like to admit her wrongs, but with this she gladly likes to make an exception. She looks at Celine and they share a smile, both girls thinking the same thing. They were glad that they gave those boys a chance. The days would be a lot more boring without them. 

-End of Celine's story- 

~

Author's note: Hello everyone. First of all thanks for reading! This is my first story ever written in English, there might be a lot mistakes, sorry for that! I am always open for suggestions! I hope the story was fun to read. I am planning to continue with the story, focusing more on Theodore and Julie. But I am still thinking about the plot. Thanks again for reading, don't forget to vote. <3