4

"A Slytherin?? You out of your mind? Got a fever?" Julie gets up from the sofa to put her hand on Celines head. "Say it louder, I think not everyone heard you." Celine scoffs, getting annoyed. "You are not joking, are you? But you said the guy was being nice." Celine rolls her eyes at that. "Well this Sytherin actually was kind. Not all those guys are mean." "Yes they are," Julie disagrees, "Or did you forget already how they called you mudblood this Monday? Seriously I have never seen any Slytherin who wasn't mean, never!" Julie says, the dislike clear in her voice. Celine gets off the sofa, "Well maybe you looked but didn't see." She says. "I'm done playing for today, you win this round." Celine gets her stuff and heads upstairs. "Ah come on Celine, don't be so offended. I'm not judging you, I only try to warn you for a definite heartbreak." She says while putting the chessboard and pieces back in the bookcase with a flick of her want. But all she got back was a goodnight. Luna looks at Julie from over her book. "What?" Julie says. "Don't you also think that those Slytherins are mean?" Luna blinks a view times. "Well I suppose they are acting a kind of mean most of the time. But I wonder if that makes them all mean... maybe they only want to make people think that they are all mean, so that people won't get to stand in their way? It is only logical for a Slytherin to take advantage from prejudices if they can, right?" She says thoughtfully. Julie looks astonished at the girl. There is no question why Luna is sorted in Ravenclaw. "Maybe." She huffs. She considers asking the girl for a game, but then decides against it. It is no fun playing with the knowledge that you would definitely lose. So Julie gets her stuff and also heads to bed, better get a good night of rest before the tests tomorrow. "Goodnight Luna." She says when she walks away. "Good night to you too Julie." Luna answers.

The next day is a frenzy in the common room. Students stressing and learning their notes last minute, checking if they know everything. Celine was writing her mnemonic for Herbology on a paper again. "Those plants will be the dead to me," Julie complains. The bad ending of yesterday was already forgotten by the two when they are walking to out of the common room to their classroom. "Oh I made a song for that, here you can use it. I don't know if it helps this last minute though." She writes her last sentence and then hands over her notebook. "It's on the tune of 'Brother John'." Julie accepts her notes and starts reading. "What is 'Brother John'?" She asks then. Celine looks surprised. "You know, that song you sang as a child." She starts singing "Are you sleeping, are you sleeping? Brother John, Brother John?" But Julie looks at her questionably, so she continues. "Morning bells are ringing, morning bells are ringing. Ding, dang, dong. Ding, dang, dong." Celine ends the song. "Nope, that doesn't ring a bell, you get it. Bell?" Julie laughs. Celine can't help but smile fondly at her friend. "Maybe it is a muggle song?" Julie says then. "No that can't be. You just don't know this one." Celine says certainly. After all, the Slytherin boy from yesterday seems to know the song, didn't he? "No I'm sure that is a muggle song, wait I will ask around if anyone else know it. I'm curious now." Julie announces and she skips away looking for her classmates, leaving her friend alone with her thoughts. Celine gets into the classroom where the test will be taken and finds a seat. It will be a few more minutes before they have to start, so many are still talking. It gives Celine time to think. What if it is a muggle song. Did she just give a useless mnemonic to Horace? He didn't comment on it in the library, what if he wanted to learn it later and had discovered that it was utter nonsense. Does he think that she pranked him? Or that it was her way to get him to help her? Oh Merlin, he must hate her then. She must apologize as soon as she sees him. Celine looks around but only sees Ravenclaws. She doesn't dare to leave the classroom now. The test will almost start. Dejected she leans her chin on the table. Then the professor walks in to the room and Celine gets no more time to think about the Slytherin. She needs to focus on the test.