Seventeen: Firewhiskey! Please! Now! Have I Used Exclamation Points?!

JAMES: "So, are we still on for Hogsmede for today?" Ron shrugged. I noticed Harry and Hermione weren't with him. None of them were with each other. Hermione was in the corner studying, and Harry was in the opposite corner, analyzing something.

"I dunno," Ron admitted. "You guys can still go, of course."

"Brandon and Ethan said they weren't going. I think Rose was really looking forward to it."

"You two can go together!" Ron urged, "Harry might be..." He trailed off.

"What happened?"

"Ask Harry. We don't know," he admitted. "You and Rose go have fun." Before I could call him back he rushed away.

Great.

"Uh, Hermione?" When she saw me, she gasped.

I mean, I know I tend to have that effect on ladies, but...hey! I'm kidding. Don't look at me like that, person who's reading this. I'm not that conceited.

"You know where I can find Rose?" I asked.

"Uh..." She took a moment to respond. Hermione never hesitates. Well, from how I had figured her. She seemed to be the kind of girl who always has a plan. "She must be coming down soon." she seemed to be pondering something.

"Something bothering you?"

"Hah! That's an understatement. Go have fun in Hogsmede with Harry." she trailed off once more.

"Er, alright then. Will do!"

Just as I was going to approach Harry, the door to the girl's dormitories opened and Lily stepped out.

She looked adorable when she first woke up. Hair uncombed, eyes squinted from the light, and at the same time her face was alight.

"Morning." She said through a yawn, "Ready for Hogsmede?"

"I-I'm not going." Hermione spat. She grabbed her stuff and left. Weird.

"Well then," Rose mumbled. "Ron? How about." Ron mumbled an apology and left as well. That left Harry.

"Harry?" We both approached him. He looked up tiredly.

"Yeah?"

"Want to have some fun at Hogsmede?" He shrugged.

"Erm-"

"Please!" I begged.

"Pretty please!" Lily pleaded.

"Please, please, please!"

"Alright, alright. Keep it down, I'll go."

"Yay!" We celebrated.

"Seems you two are getting along better." He pointed out as he bent over to tie his laces.

"I guess so." I shrugged. "Seems ol' Rosie is finally coming around." I winked jokingly and she rolled her eyes.

"Jerk."

"Flower."

"Alright, you two," Harry stuffed a few coins into his pocket. "Ready?"

"Ready." We both replied.

The trip to Hogsmede was a bit awkward. Lily and I have never been the best of pals, and the fact that I was secretly Harry's father didn't help matters. The only two in the trio that seemed to click well were Lily and Harry. And I'll admit, after awhile it made me feel a bit jealous.