Twenty Seven: Visits to the Department of Mysteries NEVER End Well.

LILY: Why was I letting my child do this?

Probably because of the guilt that I had died and left him without a family. That's just like me to feel guilty about dying. Damn my compassion.

"Is that everyone?" All of the kids and the marauders got out of the fire. We were in a dark room all right. Harry was right, it was lined with shelves full of glass orbs. "Hermione, Ron, Harry, Fred, George, Sirius, Remus, James, that's everyone. All right. Now, where do you reckon we should go Harry?"

"I told you not to make a mess of the place!" A shrill voice called from far away.

"Bellatrix," Sirius whispered with a great distaste. "That bitch."

"I reckon we should go that way." I said. We all made our way to where the voice came from. It made me proud and uneasy how prepared the kids all seemed for this situation. They were just children after all. No child should be used to such a situation.

"Harry." I said. He looked me in the eyes, though his wand was still held firmly.

"Yeah?"

"Stay safe." I said, he smiled slightly.

"You too."  God, I wanted to protect him. I needed to protect him.

James must've seen how anxious I looked, as he grabbed my hand. I didn't pull away and I laced my fingers around his.

Remus and Sirius chuckled.

"Shut up, you two." James mumbled.

"Got it." Sirius said. Okay, I laughed a bit too.

"Honestly guys, now isn't the situation to be laughing." Hermione added nervously. She was as on edge as I was.

I could tell she was jealous that James was holding my hand and Ron wasn't holding hers. I glanced at Ron. We locked eyes. When Hermione looked away, I motioned towards her hand. He seemed surprised, but reacted properly and grabbed it. He had gotten the message. I pretended I didn't notice but from the corner of my eye, I saw Hermione smile to herself.

We were now a few shelves away. I could see the outline of three people. One was tall with long bushy hair. One was a shout and stout man, who seemed quite anxious, even more so than Hermione and I. The other was average size and was cackling wildly.

"Shut it Barty, w-we mustn't be too l-loud!

"Peter, you rat! Stop being such a pansy!" Bellatrix laughed maliciously. Peter? Peter?

"Peter?" All three of the guys mumbled under their breath.

"We have to wait for the dark lord. He will be here soon, Peter! Do the honor of calling on to him, I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear of our guests. Killing them once was fun enough, killing them twice will be our provided entertainment! Barty, you told the half-breed and the blood-traitor?"

"Yes, I've told the present day Sirius and Remus as that bloody Moody. They think that their pathetic friends are in here right now. Word will get out and everyone will be here. Now, we can end it all." Crouch said.

"I can't wait to finally watch those Potters die, I'll get to watch my cousin die as well! This will be delightful. I mean, I've heard how lovely the Potters' death was plenty of times, now I get to witness it first hand!"

And right at the last second, I saw them. The older Sirius and Remus. They were two shelves away and looked mortified. Older Sirius and I exchanged quick glances before my Remus shouted.