Nineteen: More Firewhiskey, Please. I Think Hermione Needs it.

LILY: Tonks offered to make us some tea, though I politely declined. Sirius requested she get us a gallon of Firewhiskey, but after Remus shot him a glare he sighed and said nothing was fine. It felt like hours before conversation started, though in reality it was only a few minutes. To be honest, it's hard to start a decent conversation when two guys are staring at you with such pained expressions.

"Can I ask something?" I asked. Usually this would be the exact situation when a marauder would obnoxiously reply, "you just did." But instead, they both sat up and nodded.

"Um, I was sort of wondering something," I said hesitantly. I had to be careful. I didn't want to deal with two grown men bawling their eyes out over me. That would sound strange in a different situation. "How did Harry get out safely?"

"No one really knows, that's what makes him so special." Remus said.

"Harry's a pretty tough kid," Sirius said. "Wven as a baby I'm sure he could've given You-Know-Who a serious beat down."

"I'm going to lay down a few rules. For one, I don't want your humorous commentary, Sirius. I want an answer to every question. Also, no weaseling around an answer; I can take the truth." I concluded. The both exchanged tired looks, and returned their attention to me.

"Got it."

"Who was Harry brought up with?" I asked. Though, I'm pretty sure I knew the answer.

"His last living relatives," Sirius said. "Your sister, her husband, and their child."

"Ugh..." I complained. "Don't tell me, Petunia is still as-"

"Awful, insensitive, rude, horrid, and as uptight as she used to be? Yes, she is," Remus answered. I had complained about my sister and her boyfriend so much to Remus at school. He knew all about Petunia and her ways and I'm assuming Harry told them his fair share of stories.

"Was he at least brought up decently?" I pleaded.

"Lily, he was raised in a cupboard under some stairs." Remus said sadly.

"Why didn't one of you two take him in then?" I pleaded.

"Erm, Evans? If you don't recall, I was rotting away in Azkaban." Sirius reminded me.

"Me, with a child? I'd have to find him a sitter once every month so I didn't maul him to death. Also I can barely take care of myself, let alone an infant."

I see Remus was still as self pitying as ever.

"Don't say that, Remus."

"It's true," he said roughly. "Besides, these were Dumbledore's plans. McGonnagall even insisted she take Harry in but Dumbledore denied her. He didn't want Harry to be raised in the magical world, as he didn't want him to be at risk."

"Isn't he always at risk?"

"Technically speaking, yes. Though, the ministry chooses to believe You-Know-Who isn't to be feared. He's "unable to rise" once more."

"Rubbish." I complained. "Complete rubbish. Anything else I should know about?"

"What do you want to know...Evans?" Sirius asked. "It feels weird calling you Evans again." he added in an undertone.