Twenty Two: Well, What Lovely News to Wake Up to. Sorry Harry...

JAMES: "It's about damn time you guys got here." I said tensely. The guys, Evans, Ron, Hermione, and I were gathered in the hospital wing. No one in the room was particularly lively and Harry was the least lively of us all, being as he was lying unconscious in a hospital bed.

"I don't understand." Lily said. She seemed worried, maybe a bit too worried about Harry. Why was that? "What happened again? I've heard the same story so many times and it never makes any sense."

"I told you," I said in exasperation. "Fred, George, Harry, and I went out for a short round of Quidditch this morning. Harry and the twins were in a competition to see who could fly the highest. Harry started up and...he just fell. No one believes me, but when he was falling he was already unconscious. The fall isn't was knocked him out. Something up there did." I buried my head in my hands feeling quite exhausted from today's events. To be honest, I wasn't pleased with the guys. If they hadn't been off doing Merlin knows what...

I couldn't blame them. They weren't even there to witness it. But...where were they?

"He can't have just fallen off," Hermione pointed out. "He wouldn't fall off, he's too good at flying to just fall off for no reason."

"He's been acting strangely lately though." Ron said. "He's been acting suspiciously, like he's hiding something."

"But what could he possibly be hiding?" Hermione said, in attempt to change the turn in conversation. "He wouldn't hide anything from us."

"But you were with me, Hermione! You saw the map and cloak." Ron continued, not catching her hint to change the topic. I could see what she was doing. She was keeping our secret, bless her.

"Harry's a wizard. It was probably some voodoo magic of his." She shrugged.

"Hermione, you're a witch and I'm a wizard. But we can't duplicate items that powerful! And what's with you suddenly being on his side?"

"I'm not on any side Ronald, I'm just saying. Harry has a right to his own life."

"Will you two shut up, please? You're giving me a migraine." Lily insisted. Hermione looked at me, as if expecting me to argue with Evans. Sirius and Remus glanced at one another, then from Lily to me. And Ron looked just plain confused.

"That's it," Ron said. "All of you are hiding something! I'm sick of it! Hermione, you're the one who originally said we should be suspicious about this lot and you're acting like you've had a sudden change in attitude! Harry's hiding his own problems and everyone keeps looking at Dominic and Rose like they know something. I'm just sick of all of the secrets and lying! If someone doesn't fess up soon, I'm going to go finding out some of my own information on my own." The room closed to an uneasy silence. Remus and Sirius exchanged knowing looks. Lily stared at the floor guiltily. Hermione cleared her throat and seemed suddenly interested in tracing the lines on the wall with her eyes. As usual, I was left knowing nothing.

"What the hell are you all getting at?" I shot. "You three disappear all night and come back as if nothing's happened?" No one said anything.

"You all know something." I said. Hermione shot me a look of warning, but I shrugged it off. "You all know something and you aren't telling me."

The guys, Lily, and Hermione were all staring at me in horror. Ron looked like he was about to have a fit. Harry continued lying there unconsciously, in case you cared for an update.

"Dominic, I'm sure that you're just stressed out because you're worried about Harry, right?" Remus tried to cover.

"Cut it with the Dominic crap. Hermione already knows."