Chapter 2

*3 months later*

"LINDSEY! LINDSEY WHAT IS THIS IN MY BATH TUB?"

Lindsey groaned and rolled over in her bed to peer at the clock.

6:45 the red numbers said.

She sighed and let her head fall back onto her pillow. Black hair pooled on her pillow like a halo around her head.

It was much MUCH too early for this.

"LINDSEY!" shrieked Lois from the bathroom.

For three long years, Lindsey had shared an apartment with her sister. Granted, they had never been the best of friends at home but by sharing an apartment they thought they could reach some common grounds and bury the hatchet.

They were dreadfully mistaken.

Lois was a dolled up princess who had always been favorited by her parents while Lindsey was shoved backwards into the shadows and labeled as a freak for spending more time in the science lab at school then on social media. The sisters didn't even look alike. Lois had red hair like their mother while Lindsey shared her father's ebony hair. In addition, Lois had a light tan touch to her skin while Lindsey was pale, very pale. Almost as white as snow. Her elder sister loved to point out her inability to tan and often said she was "Severus Snape" in girl form. Lindsey always replied that she was glad she wasn't a bossy, snobby Amelia Pond.

Lois's perfect little friends were always bringing up how they all had perfect boyfriends and how amazing their hair looked while Lindsey labeled organelles and taught herself chemistry.

Lois always looked down on her sister and treated her as though she was a child even though they were only two years apart. Her parents had followed suit and Lindsey had been shoved into the shadows of Lois's glory.

"LINDSEY!"

Sighing, Lindsey rolled out of bed and plodded over to her bedroom door. The hinges shrieked as they opened causing her to wince.

"It's my project!" She hollered down the hallway to her sister.

"YOUR PROJECT?" Lois screamed, "WHAT DO SEVERED TOES HAVE TO DO WITH NUCLEAR PHYSICS?"

Lindsey pinched the bridge of her nose in irritation.

"I'm not doing nuclear physics anymore, Lois! I'm working on anatomy!" She called back.

"I DON'T GIVE A CRAP! JUST GET THE TOES OUT OF MY BATHTUB!"

Lindsey scowled.

"You can pull them out! They won't kill you!"

"EWW! NO I AM NOT TOUCHING THOSE!"

Lindsey sighed deeply.

What she would give to have been an only child.

Fifteen minutes later she had saved her toes in a jar and left them on the kitchen counter. The bath was running and she could hear Lois singing The Circle of Life terribly.

Lindsey peered into the the fridge, searching for something decent.

A chocolate pudding cup caught her eye.

"Ooooooooh."

She heard the front door open and turned; hiding the pudding behind her back.

Clark Kent stood there with his arms full of flowers.

"Oh, hi Lindsey," he said closing the door behind him.

"Hey," she replied stiffly.

She knew who he really was. Her sister hadn't been able to hide it from someone who knew her as well as her own sister. Surprisingly to Lois, Lindsey wasn't jealous. Quite the opposite really.