Chapter 10

Lois Lane heard a beeping noise coming from her phone. She glanced around at her "captors" who were heavily armed men sitting across from her in the helicopter she had been "forced" to board. One nodded his permission to her and she snatched up her phone. Her fingernails clacked on the screen and her thumb shook slightly before sliding across to unlock the phone.

A bright message shone out against the darkness of the night around her. Lois peered down at the sender's name in confusion.

Her sister never texted her so why would she...start...now?

Lois felt dread plant in her stomach as she quickly read over the message. Then again. And again. Her stomach began swirling faster than the blades above her head.

Lex wants to kill Superman. He knows. Get Clark. Hide.

Lois slowly turned off her phone and gently replaced it into her jacket pocket. It was as she had feared all along. Ever since that trip to the Middle East where she had nearly been killed she had felt the stirrings of suspicion rise within her. Now they had blossomed into full grown fear.

Lex Luthor was going to try to kill Clark. Which would be laughable if it wasn't possible. However it was very possible, very, very possible.

Lex Luthor was a wealthy man, very wealthy. With his affluence, how hard could it be to get Kryptonite? For all Lois knew, he already had it.

Terror began knotting itself in the red haired woman's stomach as she mentally screamed.

He was going to use her as bait. But how had-he had known since her trip...he had been testing Clark then too.

Oh Odin.

The helicopter landed and one of the burly men who sat across from Lois shoved open the door. He nodded a poorly shaved head towards the outside and Lois got the message. She slowly crawled out of the copter and ducked as the huge propeller blades above her whirled. The wind sent her ruby hair flying around her face and she desperately clawed it away as she walked towards the lone figure on the rooftop.

She was on to of the LexCorp building. Why would he bring her here?

"Hi, Hello, Lois Lane, so nice to meet you, big fan of yours! Loved your latest article about The City Hall Bombing! Very, very informative! Almost as if you had an eyewitness account!" Lex Luthor chattered animatedly. His green eyes shifted in the darkness occasionally settling on the woman before him but mostly just flicking around.

"What do you want, Luthor?" Lois said coldly. She was tired of his games. She wanted answers.

"Oh right to the point wow okay! Guess being a reporter stick with you no matter what, hmm? What I want is for you to ask yourself, what is my biggest regret? Hmm? Go on ask yourself! What is-"

"Why the crap would I tell you that?" Lois asked angrily. She was now cold from being on the windy top of a skyscrape and seriously regretting wearing a pencil skirt and thin blouse.

"Because your little sister's life depends on it," Lex said his voice going from cheery to malevolent in a span of 1/2 a second.

Lois's heart fell like a stone. She had been so caught up in her worry for Clark that she had totally forgotten about Lindsey. Guilt washed over her like a wave on the sand nearly sending her to her knees.