Chapter 8

Lindsey Lane was cold. Absolutely freezing. She clutched her thin lab coat tighter around her shoulders and began blowing on her hands. Hovering over her computer screen, she gently let her warm breath ghost across her knuckles.

Search Results for "Green Banded Silver Bullet"

Not Found

Lindsey cursed and angrily pushed away from her desk. She ran a hand through her tangled black locks, huffing with irritation.

Her computer screen glinted back up at her, blinking innocently in the dim lights of her office.

Lindsey took in a deep calming breath and quieted her nerves.

"You can do this," she muttered to herself as she wrapped her slim fingers around the edge of her desk. She yanked herself forward too quickly and her hips accidentally slammed into the edge of her wooden desk.

Another loud string of curses erupted from the dark haired woman's ruby lips as she massaged her aching bones.

After that unpleasant ordeal, Lindsey began typing on her keyboard. The clickity clack of her keys echoed around the small room and bounced gently off the walls. Raising a shaking finger, Lindsey paused over the enter key.

Please let this work.

A small buzz came from her computer and she closed her eyes in defeat. Upon opening them she saw the dreaded words.

Not Found

Heaving another humongous sigh, Lindsey's head fell onto the keyboard. Her hair caught in several of the buttons and the computer made a lot of angry whirs and dings as she slowly began pounding the board with her head.

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

Ding

Lindsey's head shot up at this. She hadn't heard a ding yet. Her eyes lit up as she scanned the screen.

Search Results for "Bullets In LexCorp"

3 Items Found

Her computer must've automatically have assumed different words from her button smashing.

'Ha!'

Quickly, Lindsey scanned the first article. Her heart sank. It was only about LexCorp providing military with a substantial amount of money. Sighing, she pressed on the second article. Nothing. Her heart felt like a stone sinking in a pond. Two of her sources were gone. Hesitantly she clicked the third, praying hard.

A new white tab came up blocking her article.

"What the-" Lindsey began but an alarm beeped angrily at her, cutting her off.

Access Denied

"Oh really?" She smirked slightly. "Let's see about that."

Her fingers flew across the keyboard as she searched for a hole in the firewall system.

There had to be something. A manual override with a password or-