Chapter 4

It had been four days since the kiss. Lindsey was still in shock at what had happened.

Lex Luthor had kissed her then taken her papers and practically skipped from the room, leaving the pale woman standing shocked in his wake.

It was only after she got home that Lindsey realized the bullet she had held in her pocket was missing.

Lindsey had debated whether or not to go to work for the past three days and called in sick for those days. It wasn't a complete lie. She had felt extremely sick every time she thought about going to back to work and facing Lex.

Yet here she was, back at her infernal desk staring at pictures and diagrams of General Zod.

Lindsey had been avoiding Lex's usual hangouts all day, praying he'd leave her alone. She needed to sort out her thoughts.

Unfortunately for her, Lex decided to pop in.

"Ah, Lindsey! So glad to see you're feeling better!" The young man said happily.

Lindsey mentally screamed as she turned around in her chair to face her boss.

"As am I, Mr. Luthor," she replied stiffly.

"Lindsey, how many times must I ask you to call me, Lex?" The ginger asked a slight note of aggression in his voice.

Lindsey swallowed.

"My apologies, Lex."

Lex smiled and stared at her wistfully for a moment before shaking his head.

"I have a treat for you! Oh yes, yes, yes I do!" He chuckled as he walked inside.

His white lab coat swirled around his thin ankles, gently brushing the tips of his Nike sneakers.

"You will like this!" Lex smiled at her grabbing one of her pale hands within his own.

Lindsey suddenly found herself being pulled from her chair and led out of her lab.

"Mr. Luth-Lex, I need to be getting on with my-"

"No, no, no! I don't want excuses, Lindsey! You will absolutely love to see this!" Lex interrupted.

Lindsey tried to tug her hand away from Lex but it stayed firmly within his cold grip.

Lex stopped in front of a new lab and placed his free hand onto a panel. The scanner beeped and Lex quickly typed in a passcode before the door slide open.

Lindsey gaped at the sight that awaited them.

A humongous slab of Kryptonite sat glimmering in the white light of the laboratory. The enormous emerald gem was surprisingly only about the size of Lindsey's microwave.

"Wow," Lindsey breathed her eyes wide.

Kryptonite was incredibly rare, obtaining it was virtually impossible. Granted, Lex Luthor was a billionaire so it can't have been too hard.

"Beautiful isn't it," Lex said quietly beside her. He walked closer pressing his long fingers to the glass. He peered into the case, his eyes bright.

"The tool to bring down god within my hands," he whispered.

Lindsey felt her heart begin to race.

That phrase didn't sound suspicious at all.

She coughed awkwardly and folded her hands in front of her, trying to act as if she didn't hear Lex state his malintentions.

Lex shook his head, his rust colored hair rippling. Standing up again, he craned his neck around to stare at Lindsey. A crooked smile stained his lips in a vile twist.

"You and I shall be working with this wonderful stone and observing what it does to Zod," he explained his smile widening.

Lindsey's face became a mask of indifference as she internally screamed in horror. More time with Lex Luthor. Gee what a great surprise. Almost as great as going to the dentist and finding out you need a root canal.

"I would be delight-"

"Don't."

Lindsey's scarlet lips were still parted from her previous attempt at a sentence.

Lex held up two fingers looking away from her.

"Don't," he repeated raising his eyes to meet hers.

The green orbs blazed like meteors falling from heaven.

"Don't, lie, to, me," he whispered taking a step closer to the dark haired female, "Because I really, REALLY, hate being lied to."

His face contorted into that of a monster's. Anger written across the young face mixed with a deeper emotion.

Rage.

As quickly as the emotion rise to the surface it was gone. A childlike innocence carefully accompanied by kindness reappeared. Lex started smiling again and placed his hands on his hips grinning widely at her.

"You don't like me!"

He giggled but his eyes did not smile with him. A certain darkness rested there.

It scared Lindsey.

But she wasn't about to let him know that.

"You genuinely do not like me!" Lex chuckled, "Ha!"

Keeping her face impassive, Lindsey crossed her arms across her chest.

"No," she said calmly.

Lex cocked his head to the left staring at her. The darkness in his eyes dissipated into amusement.

"No?" He chuckled.

"No," she repeated firmly, "I don't like you. You make me uncomfortable."

Lex smirked and stepped closer.

"Do I?" He hissed.

He was only inches away now.

Lindsey nodded.

"Yes."

Lex smile widened and he leaned closer towards her.

"And why is that?" He whispered sending shivers up her spine.

Lindsey frowned, glaring at the man in front of her.

"You won't like the answer."

His eyes twinkled with amusement.

"Try me," he replied cockily.

Lindsey leaned closer towards him and put her hands on his shoulders.

He watched her closely, his body twitching under her touch.

"Because you have no concept of personal space," she snapped pushing him backwards.

He stumbled a bit but caught himself and watched her as she stalked out of the room.

AN-
I'm off on a mission's trip for the next week! So probably no updates...sorry...but feel free to check out my other stories! I have a couple reader inserts up. Another series on the Avengers and a Legends of Tomorrow story. I probably missed something...ah whatever hahah. Thanks so much for reading!