Chapter 9

Oh dear Odin.

Lindsey felt as her eyes widened with shock. Her fingers froze over the keys.

She had been scrolling through all of Lex's private files and stumbled across one labeled.

Devils Come From the Sky

Inside was pictures, documentaries, biographies, interviews, practically anything and everything on Superman. Small notes took up chunks of the screen, squeezed in margins around text.

Words like:

God parading around pretending to be a man

Surrounded pics of Clark Kent.

Lindsey felt her heart tighten in her chest. There were pictures of Lois with him.

He knew.

But that wasn't what scared her the most. The most frightening informations she discovered was a file labeled;

To Kill God

Inside she found plans, very detailed plans mind you, of how one could go about killing Superman. Obviously Kryptonite played a huge role but what froze the blood in Lindsey's veins was all the pictures of Lois. And herself.

When she clicked on her own name a whole new folder appeared labeled, Achilles Heel.

Lindsey's stomach writhed within her as she saw pictures of her walking to work, working, going to buy a coffee from across the street because LexCorp coffee tasted like molten guano.

He was stalking her.

He claimed to love her and he stalked her like a psychopath.

Lindsey sat back in her chair, breathing hard.

This was too much. She needed to think.

She exited the file on herself and went back to Lois. She found a video and muted her volume on computer before clicking on it.

The video was of horrible quality and the cameraman could not hold the camera still to save his life. A sandy desert was all that Lindsey could see along with the occasional man strapped from head to foot in ammunition. A blur of red came into view and Lindsey bent forwards peering at the computer screen. Two pale fingers gently prodded her volume button. Lois' shrieking voice echoed vaguely over the speakers as she was yanked forwards by some men. A journal slipped from her hand and fell to the ground.

"LET ME GO!" The red haired woman screamed struggling against her captors, "LET ME-"

She was cut off by a shout from the men. One, a young looking man, started pointing towards something out of the camera's view. More shouts echoed from the computer and then rapid gunfire began going off.

A red and blue blue appeared and snatched Lois away from her captors. She just managed to grab her journal before Superman soared away with her in his arms.

The men continued shouting for a bit before quieting down. New men appeared and suddenly began opening fire on everyone. The cameraman screamed into the camera in a different language. Suddenly blood spattered the screen.