.:Chapter 6:. The Help

••••••••

"Dipper"

"Dipper"

"Dipper"

"Pinetree"

I burst awake, a cold sweat running on my forehead. I could feel the chill moving up the back of my spine, until it reached my brain.

"Dipper? Your awake," A voice said. "Oh my God your Awake! Grunkle Stan! Dippers awake!"

I heard footsteps moving towards the room, quickly getting closer. The door burst open, and Grunkle Stan ran in, bumping into him was Soos, and then Wendy. All of their faces shared a look of relief.

"Thank god your awake, Kid." Stammered Grunkle Stan. "We were all so worried about you."

"Yeah Dipper, what the heck did you do to make you that hurt?" Wendy butted in.

I looked at the sheets, and tried to think. Why was I in the hospital? What did I do to get in here? I looked back up to them, and then to Mabel. I shook my head,

"I-I can't remember." Was all I said.

Grunkle Stan looked at me puzzled. But didn't question me further. Mabel also looked at me, her eyes told me what she was thinking.

Are you hiding something? Why are you lying? That was all I needed to tell me she didn't believe me. And I can't believe me either.

How couldn't I remember something that put me in a hospital? I questioned myself.

••••••••

The next morning I was decommissioned from the hospital. They had said that I had suffered some brain trauma. They also said that I had amnesia, which would explain why I wasn't able to remember anything.

The car ride home felt longer than it should have, even with Stan driving miles over the limit. Mabel, thinking that I couldn't see her, kept looking at me the entire time. Her face was a mix of confusion and disbelief.

We had arrived back at the shack. The parking lot was empty, and it was shrouded by the orange mid-afternoon light. We parked, and headed inside. Mabel and Grunkle Stan by my side.

Wendy and Soos had left sometime after I was put inside. Mabel and I were in our room, her in her bed, and I in mine.

She was looking at her posters and repositioning her lot of stuffed animals. I was just laying under my covers, going over what I could and couldn't remember; trying to figure out this most difficult puzzle.

After a few minuets of nothing, Mabel walked over to my bed. She gave me a strange look before asking,

"Dipper, are you feeling okay? You seem really unhappy."

I looked up at her, she was genuinely curious, and she really did want to know.

"Mabel, I-." I paused, thinking about what I wanted to say carefully. "I'm having trouble remembering things. Things that happened yesterday. I can't remember what happened after you left for your Sock Opera"

Mabel looked at me, her eyes were glassy. "Dipper this is my fault, I got you mad at me and we had a fight. I never should have said those things a to you."

I could feel my face heating up; my eyes stung, and my throat was drying up.

"I paid no attention to what you wanted, and I kept thinking only about myself. Yes, I got the guy that I wanted, but Gabe doesn't compare to you. And I should have paid more attention to you. I'm s-so so sorry." Her voice hurt like glass digging into skin. Tears were flowing slowly down her pink, flustered cheeks.

"Mabel I- I don't don't want you to blame yourself for what's happening right now. This was my fault, whatever I did. Please p-please don't blame yourself for it." My own tears started to form, but I held them from falling. My throat was hoarse, and it hurt to speak.

Mabel balled up the sleeves of her pajama shirt, and cleared away her eyes. She then proceeded to lean in and give me a hug, which I returned.

The bedroom was filled the our sniffling, and our heavy, hitched, breathing. Mabel and I sat on my bed for a while, holding each other. We both fell asleep sometime after, Mabel huddled under my arms, and hers arms wrapped around me.

Grunkle Stan, having walked in sometime later in the night, covered the two of us in a blanket, and shut of the lamp light. Finally filling the room with a calming, sweet darkness.

••••••••

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Please comment!! I love hearing feedback!

Also please check out my tumblr 0Greeniie0. It'd be greatly appreciated.

~ Greeniie