Chapter 6

My mom is putting on the finishing touches for my makeup. Anytime, I will have to head off to the stage and start dancing with Gino.

Gino.

I whipped my head around really quickly when my mom wasn't looking, and saw the boy himself, sitting on a makeup chair, fidgeting.

I turned my head back and continued to let my mom apply the last bit of lipstick for me.

Ever since that practice that would be aired after filming the competition, he and I have practiced only a couple of times in the studio with Abby watching because she thought we were 'good enough'. During those practices, we had to give each other a peck every single time. (around 18 times I counted) It was a huge feat, but I started getting used to it.

During those few days before the competition, we actually sorta became friends. He wasn't as bad as I thought!

"ALDC 'This Girl's Gotta Be Kissed' in 10!" a man outside our dressing room shouted.

All the girls looked at me and Gino happily. "Good luck!" they all wished us one after the other.

Gino and I looked at each other from across the room. Guess this is it.

We both stood up and walked towards the door. While walking towards backstage, I could feel cool air from the opening in the wall that would lead to it. Already having slight goosebumps from nervousness and feeling a little cold, Gino fumbled for my hand. My goosebumps got worse. I blushed, and I closed my hand back, tightly. Friends do that, right? But it just felt so weird.

When it was 2 more dances to ours, I realized our hands will still gripping on to each others' and felt a warm rush going through my body. The few minutes we had been here, we hadn't talked at all, just quietly watching the dancers onstage.

Suddenly, Gino asked,"Are you afraid?"

"Of?" I asked back.

"This dance, the kiss,what happens after that," Gino replies slowly.

The dance: I'm scared. What, I'm not perfect, I get scared too. The kiss: For some reason, hearing that word got my adrenaline pumping. It wasn't a kiss, but now it sounded nice to refer to it that way. After that: Well, never really gave much thought it to be honest.

"I'm slightly nervous for the dance, okay for the kiss and for what happens after that...what would happen after this?" I say, careful not to reveal my strange feelings about the kiss.

"They're gonna make us a couple. The viewers. And we'll have to stop being friends to brush it off," Gino tells me, and I can see pain in his eyes even in the dark backstage.

After a long pause, I choke out, "I guess."

I guess that's what happens with all celebrities too. When they're just friends, everyone starts to 'couple them up' and in the end they have to stay so much apart that they become strangers.

My heart sinks. I don't want this to happen to our newfound friendship.

After some time, Gino chirps, "Forget I even said that now! Everything will be just fine!"

I decide to go along with him and give him a small smile.

"Bye, I needa go to the other side of the stage," he tells me.

"Oh, um, see ya!" I reply.

"Now, Ladies and Gentlemen let's put our hands together for 122 Maddie and Gino 'This Girl's Gotta Be Kissed'!" the announcer booms from the speakers.

Showtime.

•••••

The music started, Gino went out to the stage and started dancing.

After a while, I went out as well.

We smiled all the time, genuinely happy to be dancing together. We executed our moves perfectly, totally in sync with one another. We were having so much fun. Now, I was not even the least bit afraid that his knees would give way when I did a cartwheel on them, my hands placed gently on them.

The kiss was nearing soon, and I was getting more and more excited. My heartbeat quickened. Ready. Set.

Kiss!

•••••

"Oh my gosh we nailed that dance!!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah!!" Gino replies.

We hug each other for a moment, not even caring about the people around us.

Gino then gets out something from his pocket. A single rose.

"For you, Madison," he says with a smile.

My eyes widen in surprise. A valentine? For me?

"Ohmygosh thank you Gino!" I squeal before hugging him again, almost crushing the rose in the process.

I don't care what Abby or Cathy are gonna do about this but this friendship is definitely gonna last forever.

•••••

Hey guyss! I'm sorry that some parts of my story might be incorrect but it doesn't need to be exactly the same right? Thank you for reading ya dazzlers!:) Comment on whether you think they will stay friends! Remember to vote as well!

~experienceddazzler