Chapter 11

Gino's POV

"SHE SAW ME! Oh my gosh! She's gonna think I'm a stalker or something!" I let out while trying with all my might not to hyperventilate.

"Well, you sorta are..." Lucas chuckles.

I give him a death stare, "Not helping, Lucas Trianna."

"Sorry!" is the last word he manages to breathe out before breaking into hysterics again.

Technically, I've started beating the floor with clenched fists and pulling out my own hair, so it's not surprising that Lucas is laughing so hard.

Lucas is one of my best pals. He's stuck with me through thick and thin at the CADC. We're so close that we even know every single one of each others crushes, know what the other's doing every second and can spell each other's parents' names backwards. The moment he knew about me liking Maddie, he was all supportive about me being with her unlike those in CADC and even my own dad, who would flip out then kick me out (for my dad, maybe even out of the house-he was crazy like that).

However I'm still offended by the fact that he's laughing so much at his friend who's literally going through a panic attack.

When he finally settles down, I give him a 'done?' look and he nods, a trace of a smile still playing on his lips.

"Gi, in order to help you get your mind off her, I'll talk about my crush instead," Lucas told me. I nodded, grateful for a distraction but bracing myself for a crazy eternity of a lovesick boy's words. At least I'm not the only one.

"So Mackenzie, being the caring girl she is, helped Goth Salty with her groceries. GOTH SALTY!"

Oh, and Goth Salty is this old woman who doesn't live nearby but just loves coming over to the nearby mall to buy groceries. Makes sense? It's fine, never made sense to any of us either.And judging by the name...I guess a description of her would be self-explanatory. She's salty, and goth-y. She looks like she wants to murder us with that stern expression on her face. And that's an understatement. Her clothes are so black, they're probably as dark as her soul and face.

"And Mackenzie was prettily smiling at me when I saw her at Walmart. I kept blushing and I must have looked ridiculous because she..." and Lucas blabbers on and on until about two hours later, when he's finally done.

We decide to go check our social medias. I always go to Maddie's the moment I'm done with checking mine and Lucas goes to Mackenzie's. Maddie's Instagram has been relatively silent today, she hasn't posted anything. I would read the comments on her previous photos that some latecomers just saw and posted, but they'll probably be guys saying how pretty she is is and they want to date her again and since I can't handle that, I decide against it.

Just then, I sneak a peak at Lucas's phone and I see some comments about something called...'Laddie'?

Lucas turns white and immediately switches off his phone. "You have any chips in that kitchen of yours?" Lucas asks me, suddenly standing up. His big smile plastered on his face is huge and fake. He's sweating a bit and his voice goes too high a pitch. Call me a girl but I notice these things.

I nod unsurely and play along, hopping two steps at a time down my staircase to reach my kitchen. I pull out a half-eaten bag of chips and soon, Lucas and I are crunching away at them. I want to ask Lucas what's wrong but I don't think it's a good time. Just wait till he reverts back to his old, bubbly self.

•••••

Lucas's POV

I sense Gino staring over my shoulder and immediately switch my phone off. I ask for chips in a strange voice and grin that is so not me, and Gino goes downstairs to get some.

I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know I was holding. Gino can never find out about this. Ever.

•••••

*One day ago*

Lucas's Pov

"Truth or Dare?" Bryan asks me.

I've been over at Bryan's place with a couple of other guys, Richard, Alex, Luther and Keith, for about 4 hours and we were starting to get bored until I suggested playing Truth or Dare. Our mom's all met back in high school and they all had us around the same time, so our ages are not that different and the biggest age gap is only 3 years. The oldest, Bryan, started first and he just had to choose me to start the game.

"Truth," I finally said.

Bryan let out an evil smirk. "Who's your real crush?"

I was in shock. I hadn't told anyone about my real crush yet.

"What do you mean? Mackenzie obviously," I answered a little too innocently.

"Aww come on man, I'm the youngest and I can still tell that your rambling about her is all fake. Stop trying to fool us bro," Keith said, a little frustrated yet jokingly.

After the guys' persistent questioning, I gave up and choked out quietly,

"Maddie."

•••••

Still Lucas's POV (Present time)

I had been lying so as not to hurt Gino's feelings. How awkward it would have been between us if he knew we were fighting for the same girl!

The stuff I told Gino were 50% fake and 50% how I thought of Maddie and not Mackenzie.

The moment the guys heard my response, they immediately whooped in delight. Cat-calls and whatnot were instantly voiced. I rolled my eyes at their childish'ness'.

After half an hour of the incessant shipping, the game finally continued. I was relieved, I thought it was over, for the day at least.

Little did I know that Bryan had took to Instagram and posted, "LADDIE IS REAL!!!' and had recorded my confession for the online world to hear.

Bryan's Instagram was not very popular and followed so the news didn't get around as quickly but in a day, comments of 'Laddie' had spread to my Instagram and soon...it would have spread to Maddie's.

Gino would definitely stalk her Instagram and find the comments sooner or later.

What would I do then?

•••••

Hiyo guyss ! Quite a long'ish' chappie in my opinion ! What will happen now eh ?? Comment predictions !! Please vote too !!Btw, please note that my chappies are sometimes not proof-read so please feel free to correct any mistakes you find.

You go, (Insert Name) ,*

experienceddazzler

*preferably Glen Coco aHAHA*