Chapter 10

"Score!" I yell as I pick out a cute little pink crop top with ripped light denim shorts from my wardrobe. Cute and comfy, couldn't have been better.

I leave my hair down but with a waterfall braid cascading from the left of my head to the right. By the time I'm done with it, my hands are are the sore'est' things in the world and can probably snap right about anytime.

"20 minutes down. I need makeup. Stat."

I grab my makeup bag and start dabbing on a little concealer. I then add mascara and a slightly-winged eyeliner to each eye before adding the tiniest hint of blush to the apples of my cheeks and some lip balm for my horrible crack'y' lips.

I find my Anello bag and put in my tiny emergency makeup kit, my charger, a pen ( no reason ), and my aqua-coloured pineapple print headphones. I check my phone and realise that it's been 30 minutes before slipping it into my pocket.

"Mom! I'm meeting Daphne at the mall! I'll walk!" I holler down the stairs.

When I reach the ground floor of my house, she sighs and passes me some money.

"This is for spending and be back by dinner time," she tells me.

"Thanks!" I embrace her tightly, sincerely glad.

Before I shut the door, I hear my mom mutter something to herself along the lines of, "I hope...stays
...this way...ever."

•••••

"AHHHHH!!!!"

If you were wondering, yes, that was me and Daphne. In the middle of the mall, screaming our heads off. We are dramatic girls once we meet each other, hence the cliché girly scream meets.

"I MISSED YOU!" she screams at my face while we run towards each other. And no we do not care about the attention.

"SAME OMG!!"

And we're still screaming. And screaming. And screaming.

"Okay okay that's enough!" I laugh while telling her.

I guess we attracted too much attention though, because just as we were heading towards Starbucks, four girls came up to me and asked me for my autograph.

"Um...hi..." the tallest girl said shyly.

Silence.

To ease the tension, I broke into a smile. "Hi!" I replied back enthusiastically.

Just then, the youngest girl who looked around 8 squealed excitedly," Could we please have your autograph??" Then, she used her tiny hand to cover her mouth quickly. Her eyes widened and she blushed madly.

I heard Daphne chuckle and whisper quietly to me, "My popular gal."

I poked her with my elbow gently and smiled warmly at the girls be for agreeing. They immediately flashed out notebooks and pens and soon enough, I had signed my name 4 times.

"Thank you!" they told me politely before leaving, whispering to each other ecstatically and in a hurried frenzy.

•••••

At Starbucks, Daphne tells me all about her hectic school and homework schedule, while I tell her about my dance one.

"I honestly think you might have a tougher life than me, Maddie," she admits, embarrassed.

"Nah, your schedule is wayyy worse," I reply quickly.

All of a sudden, I see an all too familiar ghost of a person standing by the Starbucks window. He sees me looking, and runs away almost instantly. I feel the colour drain from my face. My hands are stone-cold.

"Maddie, you alright?" Daphne asks me worriedly.

Before I can respond, she orders,"Don't you dare say yes."

I reluctantly shake my head.

She looks at me like I'm a tiny child and she's my mom, and I finally realise how much it's always been this way. She's always cared for me and I don't think I appreciate it enough.

Her eyes then bore through and I have no choice but to tell her all about Gino.

•••••

Right after I tell her everything, she stares at me for a few seconds with her expression changing every second. From astounded, to confused, to angry, to concerned and a whole bunch more. She doesn't say a word when she gets up. I'm about to follow her before I realise she's going to the counter. She orders all my favorite stuff before coming back with a mountain on a tray.

"I heard that boy problems require thinking, and thinking requires food, and food equals to happiness, and happiness equals to the things you love. So there," she says as she points to the tray.

My face involuntarily gives a funny expression. "That's nice."

"You sure that's all about this Gino guy? I mean, after seeing the texts and hearing everything, I'm quite sure that he might be a psychopath. Also, judging by the fact he came here, probably to stalk you, shows that he might also be a future stalker. To you and only you," she speaks while stealing a small bite out of my cake.

I shrug. I'll never know.

"PLEASE tell me if he actually stalks you or if he does ANYTHING to you kay? I'll drop all my stuff, ignore my mom's yelling and take a cab to wherever you are, even in my PJs," she says determinedly.

I can't take it. I hug her so tightly that I think she might suffocate.

"You're so cute you know? You're the best friend/mom ever. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." She hugs me back and I can even sense her small smile which actually means much more than her big ones, which are sometimes fake.

*Sigh*. Best friends.

•••••

Harro! Long time no write eh? Totes sorry. Anyways hope y'all enjoyed the chappie! Comment if you think Maddie's gonna have a stalker! Tbh it would be my doing if she did but in all seriousness, do y'all really think so?

Luff ya guys still, (why not..?)

experienceddazzler