Chapter 13

Dedicated to @XxDream20xX just because. :-)

G- Can we talk?
L- Are you angry?
G- If you don't meet me at the park bench nearest to my house at 3, I will definitely be.
L- Ok, see you soon.

•••••

*One hour later*

Gino's POV

  I reach the park at 3 o'clock exactly. Lucas is already there.

  He looks at me for less than a second before looking away.

  I sit down on the bench, not looking at him. No one is talking and we're both either fiddling around with our clothes or our hair. It is so awkward and the tension was so great that the Earth's weight couldn't break it if it tried.

  Finally, Lucas speaks. "I'm sorry."

  I pause for a moment. "I know you are."

  We then revert back to silence. I can't stand it anymore. Just a couple of days back, we were talking and laughing like nobody's business. Now? We're so quiet that it's eerie. 

  "What's the point of us coming to meet up here if none of us talk? I mean I did ask you to come here so we could do that." I break the silence, adding a slightly forced chuckle.

  I see the a smile playing on Lucas's face. "Funny eh? How a girl can come in between us like that. But really, she isn't just any girl. She's Madison Nicole Ziegler," he says, a little dreamily and a little sadly.

  I return the smile. "Yeah. She is something."

  There's now a comfortable silence and I finally feel like telling him what I think.

  "Look, I don't want this crush that we both have to ruin our friendship. It's fine if we like same girl, right? It shows that great minds think alike. She is a great girl, and we have a friendship. Or maybe...had. I want us to still be good friends and act like nothing happened. Enough of all this 'betraying' nonsense, okay?"

  I see the old Lucas coming back to me. The life has gone back into him, his eyes have that sparkle again, his posture is straight and tall. But most importantly, his signature smile is engraved happily onto his slightly chubby face.

  "OKAY!" he belts out, elated.

  His loud response attracted at least 20 pairs of eyes from people around the park. However, being the strange person he was, he even began to hug me and dance around.

  I slapped him on the back and laughed. No matter what, we would still stay pals.

•••••

M-Maddie
D-Daphne

M- hey Daph ! i met this reaaaalllyy cool girl recently and i think you'll love her too! wanna meet up ? she'd be overjoyed !
D-  really ? omg of course ! maybe she could join our squad ! #squeee:-)
M- that was exactly what i was thinking. okay, I'll ask her if she's free first then we'll pick a place !
D- ok, can't wait!
•••••

Maddie's POV

Rachel and I are waiting for Daphne at a café nearby. Rachel is so excited, I can really tell.

  We've been talking for quite some time. I check the fancy clock in the café. Daphne is twenty minutes late.

  Just then, I see Daphne emerge from the entrance of the café. I wave her over.

  "Hey Maddie! Sorry about my lateness. I got held up because of -" Daphne stops mid-sentence and her smile wavers. She is looking at Rachel.

  "Oh yeah! This is Rachel! Daphne, Rachel. Rachel, Daphne," I say chirpily, attempting to introduce them.

  "Nice to meet you! I've been waiting for so long!" Rachel pipes, extending a hand out for Daphne to shake.

  Daphne snaps out of her trance and shakes her hand, a nervous smile plastered onto her face.

  "Hi." That's all she gets out. That doesn't seem right, it doesn't seem like my Daphne.

  I've got to get to the bottom of this.

•••••

Daphne's POV

  Does Rachel not recognise me? Is she pretending? But she doesn't show Ang signs of hatred or anger...Maybe, just maybe, she could have forgotten?

  Although it's been years, I'll never forget her. I did something so bad, so wrong to her. I felt horrible after it. I even cried multiple times. If I couldn't forget, how could she?

  I tried to act really normal the entire time, but it was so hard. Every time I looked at Rachel, I would remember it. What I did.

  I knew Maddie was watching me like a hawk. I could feel her eyes staring me down. She could sense that I was being weird. And I kept praying so hard that she wouldn't ask me anything.

•••••

Rachel's POV

  "How about...The Savagals? Get it, Savages+Gals?" I suggested.

  We were thinking of a name for our squad. Yes, our squad!! I think I'm going to faint just thinking about it.

  Maddie and Daphne willingly let me into the squad after we talked for around 3 hours. It was almost tine for all of us to go home, and we just had to think of a name before we left.

  "That's great! Isn't that, Daphne?" Maddie exclaimed.

  "Yeah! I love it!" Daphne added, a little too enthusiastically.

  This was the best day ever! The girls talked to me, let me into their squad, and loved the name I gave! I couldn't imagine a more perfect day.

  Strangely though, Daphne was being a little too nice. And also, for some reason, I found her slightly familiar. However, I quickly dismissed the thought. Maybe I was overthinking, and I might probably have seen pictures of Daphne with Maddie before.

  Still, I couldn't get rid of that weird feeling. That bad feeling.

•••••

Gino's POV

  After talking to Lucas at the park, we were invited to Luther's house for a party.

  When Lucas and I reached, we found Richard, Bryan, Keith and Luther himself sitting on the floor playing 'Truth or Dare'.

  After we all greeted each other, we continued to play 'Truth or Dare' with the guys.

  It was fun until it became my turn. Bryan asked, "Truth or Dare bro?"

  And me, being the silly person I am, said, "Dare."

  An evil smirk appeared on his face.

  "I dare you to make a video, saying that you hate Maddie and the kiss."

•••••

Hi everyone! Up there is a pic of Rachel, who is played by Willow Shields! Coincidentally, Willow Shields also plays Rachel in an upcoming movie called 'The Wonder'!

What do y'all think Daphne did to Rachel? Comment! And, oh Bryan.

Come back like a boomerang,
experienceddazzler