Chapter 16

Gino's POV

  Three days. It's been three days since the video was released, since Maddie last texted me a 'Good Morning!', since my social media started to receive vicious threats and negative emojis.

  I've pretty much just been a total sloth these three days and my daily activities consisted of moping around in the house, feeling terrible about myself, thinking about life, deciding whether to text Maddie (never did it) and having my meals at the weirdest times.

  I miss her. My heart aches just thinking about her. Putting myself in her shoes, I would be so hurt right now.

  I go to Instagram and unknowingly chance upon Mackenzie's feed. I see a picture of the ALDC girls together at a restaurant that was posted 10 minutes ago. It looks so classy, so beautiful. All the girls and practically everyone in the restaurant is beaming radiantly. All but one. And no, I'm not talking about the staff. They look just as happy as their customers.

  It's a lonely little figure sitting slightly apart from her friends in the booth. A pretty brunette with gorgeous blue eyes and a slim figure. A normal plain white tee and a pair of dark blue denim jeans, matched with pure white converse.

  Such a stunning girl, but had such a sad expression on. She seemed so distant, eyes downcast, mind somewhere else, not even looking at the camera.

  I did that. I did that to her. Pain and regret swirled around my heart, clenching it till the point it felt like it was about to burst. My face grew hot and turned red due to shame, embarrassment and anger. Anger at myself.

  I need to tell her the truth. I don't even care anymore, I am going to tell her about the dare...and Lia Kimmes.

•••••

Maddie's POV

  "Maddie, come on!"

  "Smile! Smile your glorious smile!"

  "No need to be sad over a guy like that!"

  A guy like that. Yeah, a like that. A guy who was so sweet, but ended up betraying my trust entirely. I couldn't understand it. How could I have fallen for him?

  "Maddie?"

  The girls look at me with various expressions on their faces. Mostly shock and pity.

  I quirk an eyebrow, as if to ask 'What?'.

  "You said that out loud," Kendall tells me.

  I instantly blush. The girls are all struggling to keep straight faces. In the end, Jojo just lets a fit of giggles burst out. The entire group follows suit shortly after. Others in the restaurant stare us down with piercing eyes, lips pursed, faces of annoyance.

  Upon seeing that, I start laughing as well. In that moment, all my negative feelings seemed to have dissolved into thin air. It was the first time in three days...that I truly smiled.

•••••

Gino's POV

  I meet up with Lucas soon after.

  "That's an awfully hard decision for you to have made Gi, but I respect it."

  "Thanks, bro."

  "But you wanna tell her...everything? I mean she could totally take this the wrong way, ya know?"

  "Well she deserves an explanation. Whatever she wants to do with me after that, I'll accept it. She could jolly well ask me to get out of her face forever, and I would do it. I did something horrible to her, she should kill me."

  "You're brave Gi. This is one of the reasons why you're my bro."

  "What, do I have to live up to certain expectations before I can be qualified to be your bro? I didn't think so!"

  Lucas gets up to sprint away. I roll my eyes but the corner of my lips turn upwards. "I'M COMING FOR YOU, LUCAS TRIANNA!" I holler at him. "GO FOR IT!" he yells back.

  I shake my head and allow myself to let out a small laugh, before chasing after him wildly.

•••••

Unknown's POV

  "Good job, Bryan. I'll take down the video."

  Bryan heaves a sigh of relief. However, he quickly gives a pained expression.

  "You promise you really won't do anything to hurt Gino or Maddie, right? Just breaking off their relationship, correct?" he asks, worriedly.

  I chuckle. "Bryan, you know I'm not the hurting type, right?"

  There's a knock on my bedroom door. I groan loudly.

  "WHAT IS IT?!"

  "It's me, I'm here."

  I grin evilly before heading over to the door. I turn the knob to open the door and Bryan gasps.

  "Hey Daphne, you're finally here! Bryan's done it. You're gonna have your freedom soon!"

  "You better make sure of it," she seethes.

  "Daphne...how could you do this to Maddie?" Bryan asks her in disbelief.

  She hesitates before narrowing her eyes at him. She answers him, coldly, "The same way you did this to Gino."

  Bryan's face falls. Daphne starts to blush in embarrassment. I decide to crack a light joke.

  "Starting to see that I'm rubbing off you eh?"

  She gives me a death stare. I ignore it.

  "You can leave now, Bryan. Remember to use the back door so that my mom doesn't see you. And before I forget - don't you dare tell a soul!" I say happily.

  "You're bonkers, woman. Karma will bite you back. Believe me."

  He shuts the door, and I collapse on my bed.

  "He was tiring! Anyway, moving on. Daphne, it's finally time for you to act!"

•••••

UGH I FEEL HORRIBLE ABOUT MYSELF. No, like literally. Firstly, after I had written the previous chapter, I got sick immediately. Then, half sick, I went overseas for a trip. After the trip, I actually, like legit, fell sick AGAIN. Like massive stomachaches and diarrhoea and stuff.

Guys, please forgive me for the slow updates. I really hate myself.

Anyway, comment who y'all think is the mystery person! Also, remember to vote! If any of you want me to review your books, please check out my Dance Moms reviews book and tell me!

Toodles,
experienceddazzler <3