Chapter 9

I won't lie to myself. I can't. I'll just have to accept the hard truth that mine and Gino's relationship can't just go back to 'supp?' or 'hey!' by...any day. It'll probably be either 'err...hi?' or 'um, hello'.

Why? What happened?

Messaging happened.

•••••

*Flashback to a few minutes after Maddie left the studio*

Maddie's Phone

G-Gino
M-Maddie/Me

•••••

G(10.03am)- Maddie! Where r u?! Kenzie, ur mom and i r worried sick! but if ur just chillin' around, tell me so tt 1) I can stop feeling worried 2) I can tell Kenzie. 3) I can finally comfort your mom. We'll leave u alone. btw there's no more classes till 5pm, Abby let us either stay for these few hours or go home. but most of them went back coz the moms wanted them to get work done. apparently even my dad agrees 'us kids have been slacking on the schoolwork part' n tt 'being homeschooled doesn't mean being work-free' n stuff, u get me. text me soon!

M(10.05am)- seriously Gino? yes I'm fine, just 'chillin around'. stop being my mom. and omg do you not remember that I hate the way you text?! is it that hard to type 'you' instead of 'u' or 'are' instead of 'r'?!

G(10.07am)- OH MY GOSH Maddie you're fine! ok I'm reallyyyyyy totes sorry. I won't type like that to you anymore. promise. maybe tell me where you are..?

M(10.07am)- no, don't bother finding me. and why would you wanna know?!

G(10.08am)- coz...I'm worried about you.

G(10.10am)- u still there ???

M(10.10am)- yes. and please answer this : why do you care so much about me.

M(10.13am)- I might seem pretty strange to notice all this but I've put the pieces together in my head but they just don't fit. everything you do for/to me-it's just more than what you should do. like I can feel your stare 24/7, you come to my house everyday without fail just 'stopping by' (making me have to open the door because of for incessant knocking) and need I mention you refuse to leave even when my mom tells you I'm bathing and can wait for me forever. you give me weird gifts every other day (hair stuff, food, handheld electric fans, etc) and hug me in the middle of class. I don't care if you think I'm overreacting but I find it a tad too much.

G(10.15am)- coz I like you a lot.

M(10.15am)- sorry I don't get it.

G(10.15am)- you seriously don't get it?

M(10.16am)- um, explain?

G(10.16am)- generally, you should know that I like you a lot. do you get it now?

M(10.16am)- um, ok?

G(10.17am)- good, I want to get that in your head.

•••••

So the truth's all out, he actually does like me. I was thinking that I could be wrong but no. For the first time in my life, I hate being right. I don't even get why he was being so weird over text. 'Good, I want to get that in your head,'
like does that not sound the least bit rude to you? And WHAT KIND OF WAY IS THAT TO...omg I can't. I need to talk to someone, right now.

It strikes me, Daphne. ( yes the one from billions of chapters ago, aka 'Loren Beech' who I lovee)

We haven't talked or texted in forever! But she's probably really busy in her exams so...

•••••

D-Daphne
M-Maddie/Me

M(10.20am)- Daph !!!! I haven't seen you in forever! I know you're busy with your exams but can we meet up ASAP as a stress reliever for you? but actually it'll be a stress reliever for me too so... please say yes!!

D(10.21am)- UGH MADDIE IM DYING WITH THE WORK ON MY DESK SO DEFINITELY YES IM COMING IM IGNORING MY MOM NO MATTER WHAT! you sound like you need me too! hmm, Starbucks in the mall in 40 kay?

M(10.21am)- *already ransacking my wardrobe*

D(10.22am)- see ya gal! XD

•••••

Alrighty guys this chappie is done! It's a strange one but there again I'm strange! About Gino...it is a real life thing. smh. The ending of their texts is esp true! (Like I would tell you more) Comment on how you think things are gonna turn out! Remember to vote!

luff ya loads dazzlers,

experienceddazzler