Chapter 2

Hey guys thanks so much for reading! I’ll trying to keep updating thanks guys! 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"December 1, 2012 was kind of cold outside but not cold enough to wear a coat. I should've worn a coat. I figured I wouldn't need one since most of the day I would be taking ball room dance classes with Alex for the wedding. I mean I know I’m only 18 and he is 24 and we were getting married, but we loved each other. After the dance classes we were going to go to lunch and then pick out where the wedding would take place. I thought outside would be lovely since the wedding wouldn't take place until the spring but Alex was a traditional man and wanted it in a church. He had a way about him that you just couldn't say no. We went to dance at about 10 am until 12pm. We held hands as he walked me to my car."

"Did he say anything to you? You know anything that seemed a little...off." Officer Marcs interrupted 

"No," I continued, "not really, every time he walked me to the car he did that same thing. He held my hand, opened my door, kissed my hand, helped me into my seat, said he loved me and shut the door. But this time the only thing he said differently was that he wanted to have lunch at his house today, which I didn't think was to strange since we were a little tight on money because of the wedding and we were going to have lunch together anyway, so I agreed, he said i love you and he shut the door."

"So was that the day he.." Officer Marcs said slowing 

"Yes, Officer. That was the he 'took me in' as he would put it."

Marcs wrote few notes on the larger yellow legal pad that sat on the steel table in between us with a old pen with the words University of Ohio on it. I took a few small sips of the coffee that sat before me. 'I don't remember the last time I had a hot drink.' I thought to myself.

"Okay, please continue." Marcs voice not only interrupted my thoughts but scared me. His voice is manly and loud, quite loud in the interrogation room. The officer and I are the only people in here. The only other objects in the room are the steel table and two steel chairs. The room was kind of dark, I didn't like it, it reminded of the basement. All of the sudden the thought of the basement invaded my mind and the  the room became cold and grow a little darker and the smell of mold and water damage invaded my  lungs and I felt sick. I looked up into the only hanging light in the room and felt dizzy. I felt myself breaking into a sweat and feeling the need to run. "Can we turn on more lights or something I cant do this! It's to dark! Get me out!" I shouted. Another officer with curly blonde hair and big brown eyes opened the door and led me, with officer Marcs, into another room with three large windows and many small circle fluorescent lights shown down on a long wooden table with two large leather chairs at both ends and wooden chairs that matched the table on the sides. 'A conference hall' I thought to myself. The curly blonde officer sat me in the large leather chair facing the window and put my coffee and water in front of me. Officer Marcs sat to my left in a wooden chair. He put his coffee down to his right and the yellow legal pad with the UO pen on top in front of him. 

"Do you feel better in here, Mrs. Nights?" Marcs asked in a caring father type way.

"Yes" I replied after a deep breath in and out. "Im sorry for my...moment."

"I understand." He said softly "Now, may you please continue?"

I nodded yes, "I went home first before I went to his house. I changed into something a little nicer then the workout shorts and tank top I was wearing and brushed my hair back into a ponytail and left. I didn't realized until I was on my way there that I had only been to Alex's house 2 times. The first was to pick him up for work because he was having car trouble and the second was to take him the auto center to pick up his car."

"Where did he work?" Marcs asked 

"He worked for Mr. Wilds electronics downtown. That's where we first met. I bought my phone from him."

As I spoke Marcs wrote on the legal pad. "So you have never been inside of his home before? You have just seen it from the outside?" I nodded yes in reply.  "Go on." He said after a few moments of silence. "I'm all ears"

"I pulled into the drive way and up to the two story tan country looking house with pale green shutters and a dark green door. He was standing on the white porch in his usual attire.  Dark blue v neck with jeans, a brown belt and those loud, large cowboy boots that matched his belt. I swear he had a v neck in every color. He smiled as I walked up to him. Alex was not ugly by any means. He was a handsome man with light brown hair and deep, dark brown eyes that could almost be called black. He didn't look scary and nothing about him made you nervous. He looked like a teddy bear you just wanted to hug with its sweet smile and trusting face. I walked up to the first step and looked up at him. I smiled and he opened his arms for a hug. I walked up the 4 white wooden steps almost reaching his grasp when this look came upon him face. I have never in my life seen a look like that. It was...blank but yet filled with emotion. It was lifeless but yet filled with some type of uncontrollable energy. I felt the urge to run but it was to late. He had me. I was wrapped in his arms tight and unable to move. He turned me forward with is arms still around me and his hand over my mouth. I tried to fight but it was useless. I kicked and kicked even though I knew it would do no good. He opened the door from behind and backed into the house slowly because he didn't want me to kick the furniture. That was the last time I saw the outside world."