Chapter 11

Hi HI! I Hope everyone has been having a great winter break! I just wanted to say to two things. 1) I love you guys so much! You are all so supportive and I don't think I would have continued this book if it wasn't for everyone and their kind words :) 2) I am leaving for a missions trip to Jamaica on Monday the 6th and I will be gone for a week so I don't know when I will be able to post another chapter but I will try! I still have so much to do before I leave and I don't know if I will be able to post another one before I do. So I hope you guys enjoy this one! Oh! I actual have three things! 3) I'm thinking or starting another mystery/thriller once I am done with Chairs so stick around after this is all said and done for another something something coming your way! I'll shut up now! Enjoy, love you! Sorry its kind of short :(

I finished two slices of pizza by the time Officer Marcs came back. He had a glass of water in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. He put the water in front of me and put the coffee in front of himself as he sat in his seat. "Would you like a longer break or would you be fine to continue?" "We can continue." I replied he  smiled and pressed the record button on a new tape. "Go on Ms. Nights." "Okay," I cleared my throat and continued my story. "After Alex killed Audrey, He came down 2 days later to get her body but he did it while we were sleeping. He took her chair too.  Me, Dani and Taylor talked about escaping and getting away from all of this. We wanted to know why he was doing this to us but we knew trying to leave would only kill us. Everything went back to the way it was before Audrey was killed. Eating once a day, barely sleeping. It stayed like this for another 4 months. It made us nervous. Why was he so cold to us now? Why did he just let us sit and not talk to us or let us see him? It was June, we could tell because we could hear the air conditioner running, we didn't know what day it was but Dani said her birthday would be coming up soon. She seemed happy but scared about it. She was turning 19.

A few weeks later we woke to find Alex standing in the door way with piece of chocolate cake with a lit candle in it. He had a creepily huge grin on his face. When we had our eyes locked on the enemy He began to sing, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Dani, Happy birthday to you." The smile never left his face. He placed the piece of cake onto Dani's lap. "I know your birthday isn't until tomorrow but I figured we could just get all of this out of the way now." Alex said with the smile still smeared across his face. Dani nodded. He slowly rubbed his hand down her arm.  "Great!" His voice made us jump. "I'll go get each of you a piece of cake and some spoons.” He began to quickly walk out of the room, right as he left the room he turned around quickly. "I almost forgot I have a surprise for the birthday girl." then he was gone.

We all looked at  each other in surprise. We knew something was up something had to be up. We watched the door way, and a few minutes later Alex came with a blank face and nothing in hand. He tilted his head to each side. He looked at me then Dani then back to me then Taylor then back to Dani. He paused on Dani and continued to stare at her blankly for a few seconds. A too familiar smile creeped across his face. Before anyone could say or do anything. He pulled a gun from behind his back, pulled back the hammer and clenched his finger hard against the trigger. Taylor and I screamed as we watched Dani's head fall forward into the flame of the candle that still sat in her lap. We watched in horror as her hair then head slowly went ablaze. "Alex do something!" Taylor screamed. Alex continued to just stare at her as we watched her lifeless corpse turn into a full fledged inferno.

Her body was slowly being engulfed by the flames and smell of blood, smoke and death filled the room. You could hear the flames popping as they enclosed her. I couldn't breath or talk or move I was paralyzed with fear and the fact he could really do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted including set us on fire. Taylor was screaming and crying out to Dani as if she could be saved. I watched as Dani turned into a torch, filling the basement with light and the smell of burning flesh. In all the panic I didn't realize that Alex had left and returned with two buckets of water. He threw the first on Dani, Taylor's screams grew cold, Alex waited a moment and threw the second on her as well. He walked over to Dani's chard body, "Surprise!" He yelled. Me and Taylor looked at each in complete and udder shock. He grabbed the back of Dani's chair and dragged in behind him out of the basement as he whistled 'Happy Birthday'.