Chapter 13

***IMPORTANT MESSAGE***  

Hey guys so I decided to make a chapter 14 so this is NOT the last chapter of Chairs!! You are welcome! I hope you like it! I'll start working on chapter 14 right away so with that, here is chapter 13 of Chairs!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in my chair with my head tilted back looking at ceiling. There's nothing special about it, its just a ceiling but to me, in this moment, it is a screen and my eyes are the projectors shooting through the air and playing the memories in my head. I smile as the memories of my past play. This. is. great. I quickly wiped the smile off my face again remembering the cameras lens is focused on me. I put my head back in the upright position. I laid my head in my left hand and tapped my finger against my cheek. What to do? What to do? I asked my self in my head. I stand up and walk around the table touching the top of every chair that surrounded it. With every step a piece of my journey came rushing back into my mind. Every word, every slap, every punch, played through my mind. It took every muscle in my body to not smile. My walked ended when I found myself back in my original spot. I sat down and put my head back into my hand. I signed deeply and then turned toward the door quickly once I heard the knob turning. 

Officer Marcs walked in with a extremely annoyed look on his face. "My wife needs to learned the definition of important. What should I wear to dinner tomorrow night is not as important as this. Im sorry Halie." I smile shyly. "Its fine. I have nothing better to do." He gave me a small smile back. "Well lets finish this up and Ill take you back to your home. Will anyone be there when we arrive?" I nod my head up and down. "Yes my mother. They called her and she is coming from Washington. She will be at the house when I get there." Officer Marcs nodded in approval. "Okay Halie, lets finish this up. Umm, you left off with him telling why this was all going on." He pressed the record button. I sit up straight and clear my throat.

"Okay, so he began with "Once upon a time, I was in love and no it was not with you. You were just a pretty piece to add to my collection. No, Her name was Jane. She had beautiful brown hair and deep blue eyes. She was the most amazing woman I had ever met. One night we went to a party with a few of my guy friends. We were all drinking and by the end of the night we were all hammered. Some how we all got back to my apartment safely and I don't remember much but I remember telling them to stay over so they wouldn't die. Then I passed out on the living room floor. I woke up with a massive headache and  sharp pain in my back from sleeping on the floor. I looked around and no one was there. I slowly stood up and saw a note on my kitchen counter. I walked over picked it up and when my eyes focused I read, "Thanks for letting us crash." badly written on the back of my note for due rent. I dropped it back onto the counter and walked back towards the bedroom to get some underwear for after my shower before. I reached the door I heard a sign it took me a second but i could tell it was Jane. I slowly opened the door, "Good Mornin-" Opening the door revealed not only Jane but one of my guy friends. Both in our bed, naked. "JANE!" I yelled. She popped up and so did my friend. He jumped out of bed and tried to put is pants back on but before he could step into them I punched him in the face. Jane started screaming at me to stop before I kill him but I just kept swinging my fist. I don't remember how I stopped or when I stopped or how long it had been but when I opened my eyes I was in the bathroom with my hands covered in blood and my shirt ripped. I could hear Jane sobbing in the other room, "Tyler! Tyler come on Ty! Wake up Ty! Please wake up!"  

Alex began to laugh to himself, "I knew I killed him but that feeling of power just came over me and I felt so alive. Even more alive then when I was with Jane. The feeling of being able to kill felt incredible." He laughed a little more and continued. "So uh, I walked back in the bedroom. To find Jane holding Tyler's upper half like a baby. She was stroking his face and crying. I laughed, which made her head swiftly turn in my direction. "What is wrong with you!" she yelled at me. "You're crazy! Im done! We are over! I hate you!" I know that from everything I have done it may seem like those words wouldn't hurt me but right then in that moment they did. I yelled back, "I did this for you, for us! If he is dead then you are mine and no one else can have you!” I picked her up by her arm. Tyler’s bloody head hit the ground with thud. Jane pulled her arm away from me. "Im not yours! Im out of here! I heard nothing, I saw nothing, and I never want to see you again!" and that was the first time I have ever hit a women. I slapped her across her face. The look of shock swept over her face, she put her hand over her cheek, her eyes began to fill with more tears and then she ran. I chased her out of the bedroom and into the living room but I got to the front door before she did. She began sobbing, "Alex please let me go. Just don't okay, let me go." I slapped her again. The feeling of power and strength surged through my body and without another thought my fist hit her in the jaw. She fell to the ground, and I just remember thinking how much I loved this and her and that she wouldn't leave me even if she had to die she wouldn't leave me. I lend back against the door with my arms crossed on my chest as I watch her get up slowly and jog to the kitchen. She began going through the drawers. She soon pulled out a huge knife. She held it by the handle with both hands shaking and tears rolling down her cheeks from her beautiful blue eyes. "Don't you come near me Alex. Don't you come near me." She took a hand off the handle and used her sleeve to wipe away the falling tears. "Jane," I said as I stood up tall and walked towards her. "I know you wont hurt me." "But I know you will hurt me!" she yelled back. I laughed, "Not unless you stay. I need you Jane, I love you, you're my everything baby." I started to walk towards her. The closer I got the more she backed away eventually hitting her back against the fridge. I stood about 5 feet in front of her, the knife still pointing at me and her arms fully extended.

"Alex please get back." She whispered to me. "I don't want to do this." I took a step forward. "Baby-" "Don't called me that!" she yelled then she jumped forward in a attempt to stab me. I just remember being so angry and then it went dark. I again opened my eyes and I'm standing in front of the kitchen sink, covered in blood, and a deep stab wound on my upper arm. I washed off my hands and turned around to find Jane on the floor covered in blood. It didn't even look like her. I knelt down on the floor next to her. I counted about 36 stab wounds all over her body. I could feel a burning inside of me. It was a feeling of sadness like no other from the fact that I had murdered the only women I had ever truly loved but it was also this burning of power and the ability of being able to do what ever I want. I remember sitting there by her body and smiling at her and playing with her hair. I honestly don't know why I did that. So, after that I pack up what I needed and moved here. I don't know if anyone found their bodies I just left it." Alex laughed at himself. '' but um, there is this thing about brunettes with blue eyes." Alex sat up and put his hands on the middle of my thighs. "they turn me on. Not in the sexual way you would think but in a need to kill kind of thing." He began playing with my hair. "I killed Jane and Dani and Elizabeth and Heather and Audrey and Taylor.."

"What happened to Taylor?" I ask him quietly. He stopped playing what my hair and sat back down on the ground. "Well I wanted to try something different you know the whole gun thing can get old so I tried rat poison. I didn't like it. It didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside I normally do, but I did like when Dani caught on fire that was funny, it wasn't supposed to happen but that was pretty good." He zoned off as if he was picturing the moment in his head again. He came back to the real world, patted me on the knee and started to leave. "Where's Emily?" I called to him causing him to stop and turn back towards me. With a smile he said, "In the living room. Would you like to see?" My heart jumped. He walked out, picked up Taylor and her chair and was out of my site. A few moments later he came back and unbuckled me. "All right dear here we go." He looked up at me as he unbuckled my legs and smiled. He then unbuckled my arms and helped me out of my seat. "I want this to be a surprise." He whispered into my ear. He covered my eyes and we began to walk into the living room. We walked a few feet then came to a stop. He laughed to himself a little, "Okay Halie ready?" he asked me, I nodded my head yes. "Okay," He continued. "3, 2, 1, open." So I did.