Chapter 4

"The sound of the door being kicked in. I have never heard a sound so loud before. He stood in the door way with the door, cracked in the center, laying on the basement steps. I remember him yelling at me something about how I was not ready to see this and how it is not my time yet and how he loves me and needs me and I can not run away. I didn’t really hear much, I was in such shock at the fact that I was standing in a mans basement with four other girls who are strapped to chairs and I am in complete love with him. Well I was in complete love with him. The girls didn’t do anything when they saw him. Their faces went blank, their backs straightened and they didn’t say a word. I was then taken out of my thoughts by a painful, stringing, heart pounding slap across my face. It hurt so bad I thought I was bleeding. I fell to the ground and as I held my face he yelled, "You witch! You are evil! You have to obey me! How dare you try to leave!" Then he bent down to my level, roughly grabbed my chin,  brushed his cheek against  mine and whispered in my ear, “You're mine now puppet." I could smell the mixture of his cologne and sweat. I remember hearing the faint sound of his heart racing and I’m sure he could hear mine."

*Click* The red light on the recorder started to flesh signaling that the tape was full. "Crap, sorry Ms. Nights,'' Officer Marcs burst out "I’ll be right back with another tape. Just stay here until I get back. Would you like anything while I’m out here? Anything to eat or drink?" 

 "A water please." I replied and he left. I sat in the conference room alone in silents with only my thoughts to keep me company and my thought were not the ones you would want to be alone with. I could still smell his cologne sometimes. Like now, in the room alone, I felt as though he was standing behind. Playing with my hair telling me his childhood stories. I want to cry and run but I felt like I was still trapped and couldn’t leave no matter what. I felt like if I wasn’t strong, I felt as if I was next. Officer Marcs came in breaking my train of thought.

"Okay we are all set. Here is your water and I even brought in another recorder just in case this one runs out." I watched as he put the new recorder on the table and pressed the button with a little red circle in the center and a green light turned on "Okay then, all set and ready to go. May you please continue where you left off Ms. Night, um slapped you, puppet, um  okay, you could hear his heart beating." He looked up at me waiting for my response.

I tried to smile but all that I could muster was the corner of my mouth coming up the slightest bit. "Okay," I took a breath, ''After he stood up, he looked down at me for a few moments I don’t know why I guess he was waiting for me to do something. So I did and I have regretted it ever since."

"What did you do?"

"Well He had just been standing over me for a while so I figure he was waiting for me to get up and fight back, so I did. I stood up and looked him straight in the eyes. We were inches from each others faces. His eyes were a color I have never seen before so dark and lifeless. I kissed him..."

"You kissed him? After everything you kissed him?" Officer Marcs interrupted in shock.

"Not because I wanted it was to detract him."

"From what?"

"I kicked him in his soft spot. Then I ran. I jumped over the broken door and the ran up the cement steps. I went past the living room to the kitchen to find a knife. I opened every drawer and cabinet but by the time I found one, he found me. I turned with a knife in my hand to find him stand inches from my face. He grabbed my wrist and threw me to the ground causing the knife to spin across the floor. I tried getting up but he stomped his foot on my back. I could feel the heel of his boot digging and digging into the lower part of my back. I cried out in pain. I tried to crawl away then he stepped off my back and picked me up from the floor by my hair. I screamed out for him to let me go but he didn’t. He pulled me by my hair upstairs and he threw me on the bedroom floor. He slammed the door behind him. I turn over onto my back crying with my scalp burning. As he walked over to me, I tried to crawl away on my back but hit the bed. "Please Alex, Please don’t kill me I’m sorry I’m sorry." is all I remember saying to him. When he reached me, he bent down on one knee, grabbed my shoulder tight and asked me, “Do you love me?” I was speechless. After everything that has happened in these past 3 hours and he wants to know if I still love him. He looked at me with longing eyes waiting for my response. "No!" I finally yelled, "How could I ever love you!" He pulled me up by my shoulder and punched me on my cheek causing me to fall back on the floor."DO YOU LOVE ME NOW!" he scream, I cried out in pain for him to stop, he kicked me in the stomach, "How about now!". He yelled that phrase seven more times each time followed by a kick to the stomach.

When he was done, He bent down to my level and said "You're mine and I love you puppet. You’re never leaving me." He stood up. "Im thirsty"  and he walked out. I laid on the floor holding my stomach and crying. I remember thinking how did I get here to this point. How could I let this happen to myself. Why me, Why me, Why me. When I could gain the strength to stand, I slowly walked to the door with a sting of pain in every step, I opened the door to find Alex staring back at me holding a white dress. "Put this on." was all he said. He handed me the dress and shut the door. I was scared of being hurt even more then I already was so I put on the dress. It was white with short sleeves and it flowed softly down just a little above my knee just like the others. As I put on the dress, I could see deep dark bruises already forming on my sides and stomach. I looked in the mirror that was attached to the front of the closet door and cried. After I pulled myself together. I opened the door and walked down the dark cherry wood steps. "In here." I heard him call out. I looked over to see him standing in the door way to the basement. When I walked to him he covered my eyes and walked me down the basement steps. Before he uncovered my eyes he said, "Keep them closed until I say open." I obeyed. I heard him walk a few steps forward and a click, like a switch had been turned on. "Okay,'' he said 'Open." I opened my eyes to find a white chair with sunflowers on the fabric. It was in the very center of the room. It had a single light hanging above it, just like the other girls, with buckles on the arm rests and on the front legs on the bottom. He was smiling at me. The biggest, happiest, scariest smile I have ever seen. I looked around the girls all were in the same position as I had left them before. Heads up, back straight, and silent. "So what do you think princess?" he asked. "Its nice" was all I could muster. He gently walked me over to the chair and sat me down. "Comfortable?" he asked. "Yes" I answered. "Good" he said with that smile still on his face. He then strapped me onto the chair. I could see straight through the door way to the front door. "Perfect." He said after he was done, "All of you look beautiful. Make sure you are ready by 6:30 for dinner, okay?" He looked at the other girls. "Be nice to your new sister okay? Make her feel... at home." With that he walked to the basement steps and picked up the broken door. Before he left he turned to me and said "Welcome to the family puppet."