1. Prologue.

The small town of Stars Hollow was full of gossip and speculation, first Luke's nephew Jess moved to town bringing trouble with him and now the reason for gossip was none other than their very own Lorelai Gilmore.

For weeks she had been running around cleaning her house, getting Luke to fix parts of her house and now a truck full of boxes had just arrived at her door, setting Babette running to Miss Patty to discuss the newest happenings.

But no matter what crazy ideas the town came up with none were correct.

Lorelai wasn't moving, she didn't have a secret husband moving in with her.

She did however have a secret daughter that was moving in with her.

A daughter she gave birth to seventeen years ago and only saw at her parent's Christmas party each year.

She had named her daughter after herself and given her the nickname Rory when she was born, right before the drugs wore off and she realised that at sixteen she couldn't be a mother.

To everyone's surprise Rory's father Christopher Hayden stepped in and after getting full custody of Rory he took her and moved with his parents to New York to raise Rory.

Rory visited her Gilmore grandparents during every school break and had made friends with some of the children that lived in the society section of Hartford, she never went to Stars Hollow and Lorelai never saw her except Christmas.

Rory had lived in the upper east side of NY with her dad her bedroom in the penthouse apartment overlooked Central Park and her Hayden grandparents lived across the street and saw her everyday.

Even with Central Park so close Rory always went to Washington Square Park it was quieter with less tourists and it was also where she liked to relax and read and people watch.

Rory was getting sent to Lorelai because her dad was just offered a job in Europe and he didn't want to drag her along.

Chris also knew his parents couldn't handle Rory alone so it was off to her mother, the Haydens were moving to Hartford to stay close to her partly because they didn't trust Lorelai with Rory.

The small town was almost holding it's breath waiting to find out what was causing Lorelai to run around and be more crazy than usual, lucky for the town they didn't have long to wait.