15. First Days and Bar Tenders.

A/N: just wanna say sorry the update took so long. Baby got sick and with no sleep the creative juice was gone.

It was the first day of classes and Lora was running around like crazy, in all the fun over the last few days she had managed to lose her bookbag in the apartment and to make it even worse Jess was laughing at her frantic attempts to find it.

Lora had admitted defeat and was leaving for class without her bookbag only to get to the door and find her bag sitting there waiting, Lora then remembered putting it there the night before so she wouldn't lose it, and Jess being Jess remembered.

Lora grabbed her bag, kissed Jess goodbye and ran out the door and to the closest coffee cart on campus.

Lora had managed to fill her day with classes and was busy crossing classes off her wishlist when she ran into a guy who had floppy brown hair and was alumped over, she had seen him a few of her classes and realised he was shy.

"Hi I'm Lora, we had some classes together earlier." She said trying to be nice.

Before the guy could answer Finn was hanging off her neck wearing his boxers, a tutu, and a pink wig babbling on about flying unicorns and red headed koalas and asking her what would happen if the two had a baby together.

"You would get a flying red headed unicorn that ate eucalyptus, got stoned and shat out rainbows." Lora answered him with a laugh before waving to the guy and leading Finn back to his dorm room.

Later that night after a lot of talking and convincing the entire group decided to go to the pub for a group drinking session.

Lora and Jess made their way into the pub late after spending some time alone the rest of the group cheered and made comments on how late they were and what they were doing, Lora's hastily repaired hair told them everything they needed to know.

Jess went to the table while Lora went to the bar to get them drinks and waved at the guy from earlier in the day.

"Hey so what's your name I got distracted this morning." Lora said with a smile.

"It's Marty. Nice to meet you, gotta say you have some interesting friends over there." Marty said pointing at the table.

"Oh yeah, they're great. I'll have a vodka cranberry and a fosters please." She said before sending Jess a smile. "Oh yeah and another round of whatever the rest of the group is drinking." She added then waved Jess over to help her.

Jess had been watching the bartender check out Lora and he knew he would flirt soon and waited just long enough for the guy to start talking before walking over.

"So we should study together for classes and maybe go to dinner sometime." Marty was saying to Lora as Jess got close enough to hear.

"Hey you should invite him to the next movie night, meet the gang you know. Oh I'm Jess by the way." He said paying for the drinks and slipping the tip into the jar. "Oh if you wanna different job head over to truncheon they need a few staff members, flexible hours, health plans and they're cool about studying when it's quiet." Jess added before grabbing some drinks and leaving Lora to finish her conversation.

"He's a bit different, and straight forward isn't he." Marty said with a smile. Lora laughed and nodded.

"Yep. Oh here's my number by the way, call or text and I'll let you know about the movie night, there's one tomorrow night if you're free. He's right about truncheon by the way, they also have good staff discounts on the text books as well." Lora said with a wave and grabbing the rest of the drinks twirled away.

Marty watched her leave completely missing the sight of her wedding rings and knew he would be in truncheon the next morning and calling her about the movie night right after that, he also knew he would only ever be her friend no girl that hot would ever look at him as anything other than a friend.