13. Homecoming and Surprises.

The newly weds arrived home from their honeymoon two days before school started back and spent the first night christening every room in their house.

The next day they were welcomed home by the town presenting them with the wedding wagon, a nice pile of homemade quilts, food, jams and vouchers for some of the stores in the town.

The town had decided to support the couple and loved them together, even Jess was happy and smiling while he was with Lora.

To Lorelai's surprise the townsfolk that had welcomed her were turning on her and ignoring her loudly spoken arguments against the couple, her parents had also shown their support for them by being at the wedding.

Lorelai for once in her life was not getting what she wanted and was hating it, she couldn't run away this time.

Dean had been watching Lora and had realised quickly that she was one hundred per cent with Jess and had followed her advice and turned to Lindsay a blonde cheerleader that worshipped him, he was happy finally and his family was happy he was with someone.

After their night alone in their house Lora and Jess decided on plans with the Truncheon boys and Jess booked the tickets for them to fly up for the next weekend.

Lora made sure they were ready for school the next day then the couple made their way to Luke's for lunch, their arms wrapped around each other the entire way.

The couple walked into the diner and looked around before their eyes stopped on Lorelai sitting at a table with their English teacher.

With a shrug at each other they walked past Lorelai and sat at the counter too wrapped up in each other to notice Mr Medina walking towards them.

"Lora, Jess, why don't you join us for lunch?" He asked them missing the smirks directed at him from the townsfolk inside the diner.

"No thanks, we're fine here." Lora said snuggling closer to Jess and resting her head on his shoulder.

"I insist, I would like to get to know my step daughter and her boyfriend outside of school, and considering you two ran away on a holiday over the break and missed the wedding it's the least you can do." He said with a snap to his voice while Lorelai sat at her table with a smile on her face.

"He's my husband, not my boyfriend. We didn't run off on a holiday, we got married and went on our honeymoon. That woman isn't my mother, and you sir are nothing to me, so leave us alone to enjoy our lunch." Lora said then went back to reading het book.

Jess noticed Mr Medina blink in shock before going back to Lorelai and having a quiet talk with her before leaving the diner.

Jess turned his attention back to his wife and started to read over her shoulder.

Luke watched the entire thing happen and smiled at the way Lora and Jess were handling Lorelai's childish behavior.

That night found Lora and Jess on the Gilmores door step for dinner.

Lora had recognised Lorelai's jeep in the driveway and almost laughed when she compared Jess' Porsche to the crappy jeep.

Lora found it kinda sad and pathetic that Lorelai acted like a poor slob when she had access to her own trust fund and used that trust fund to pay bills and buy candy and shoes but refused to use it for a new car and everyone knew it was only to annoy her parents.

The Gilmores maid led Lora and Jess into the lounge room before leaving to check dinner.

Emily and Richard welcomed the couple with hugs and handshakes while Lorelai sat there making snide remarks.

"So have you two decided on college yet?" Richard asked them with a smile.

"Yeah we decided on Yale. We're gonna go look at apartments or houses near campus in a few weeks." Jess answered with a smile towards Lora.

"What? Who's paying for school and houses?" Lorelai snapped sending her parents evil glares.

"We're paying for school and the apartment. With our own money." Lora said with a smile back at Jess. Lorelai let out a snort.

"How much money do you two have?" Lorelai asked with a frown thinking that after the house and the wedding Jess should be running out soon.

"Hmm... well by my self I have a couple of billion, Lora has a few billion and joint another few billion." Jess said with a smile towards Lorelai.

"Plus what the businesses bring in." Lora added. Lorelai just gaped at them like a fish out of water.

After dinner Lora and Jess decided to stay at the Hartford house that night and drove home giggling about the look on Lorelai's face over dinner.