Being on the chase...from Ryan and his minions

Chapter 5

I ran throughout the unfamiliar house trying to get away from Ryan. But he was fast. And I was actually scared.

Since I had run from the police before, I was a good runner. I could out run almost anyone, but I didn’t know about Ryan. From what I had seen, he was fast.

I quickly ran down the stairs and made my way through the glass sliding doors to the backyard. I turned my head back to see if he was following me and sure enough, he was.

I ran around the side of the pool being careful not to slip.

When you get chased by the police as much as me, you learn to think and run at the same time. Stopping was not an option.

The backyard had a large wooden fence on the back of it to separate it from the neighbors. As I ran I thought if I should go right or left. I went right.

I turned right and made a large circle around the backyard so that I swung around the side of the pool. I went left to the front of the house and cut across the driveway.

I went back to the front door and opened it. I quickly got into the house again and locked the door. I turned my head to the right to look out the window to see where Ryan was.

He wasn’t there.

I was officially scared out of my mind.

“Miss me?” A voice asked from behind me. It was Ryan.

I froze.

I didn’t turn around. He would see the fear in my eyes. I heard his steps get closer to me. I had to be patient and wait until he got closer.

I kept looking out the window as if there was something that I really wanted to see.

Ryan was soon behind me. He put his hand on my shoulder to turn me around. This was the time to attack.

Time to show him what really happens when I try. I quickly did my favorite trick. Sidekicks to the knee.

I turned around and angled my foot out to hit his knee so that he would loss his balance. It worked.

I looked down at him. He was lying on the floor with a surprised look on his face. I smirked.

“No, I didn’t miss you actually. But this is a pleasant surprise.”

“For a little thing like you, you can sure run. But you forgot about the sliding door.” He smiled.

“And you forgot your balance.” I grinned as his smile fell.

“Dude, did you see that?!?! Aria kicked his butt! I never thought that I would see that happen.” Sean said to the guys.

Ryan and I turned to see the boys standing on the stairs in awe.

“Well it’s not my fault that he didn’t catch his balance.” I stated.

“Hey I wasn’t going to beat up a girl.” Ryan tried to defend himself.

“Ryan, we saw all of it. You didn’t have to beat her up. She’s a girl for crying out loud, you could have just tickled her.” Kaleb said.

I went white. Tickling was my weakness, but there was certain spot that if you hit, I would surrender immediately.

Ryan must have noticed my reaction. He quickly got up off of the floor and made his way over to me. I slowly started to backup. But my back came in contact with the front door.

“Oooo,” the boys said in unison.

Ryan put a grin on his face. He knew he figured out my secret.