A race with an enemy...and a bet with the devil

Chapter 6

I felt stares burning in my back. That’s right. I said stares, as in plural. Oh god, what did I do now? I turned around to see 6 pairs of eyes on me. Ryan was one of them. And the rest were definitely not his brothers. Talk about awkward.

I shifted my gaze to the floor after it met with Ryan’s.

“Um, I was just going to grab some clothes.” I muttered.

I tried to make my way to the dresser but there were 2 guys sitting on the floor blocking my path. “Excuse me,” I said.

They stayed put for about a second before they realized what I said. They quickly moved to the side. I shuffled my way in between them. I readjusted my towel.

While I was in the room it was complete silence. I couldn’t find any strength to look at any of them, not even Ryan.

I grabbed a dark blue tank top and white shorts. Tried not to make it obvious when I grabbed a bra and underwear. I turned away from the dresser and made my way to the door. I turned around trying to avoid everyone’s eyes except for Ryan’s.

“I’m going for a run before dinner so see you later,” I said quietly. I turned around and went to the bathroom to get dressed. My iPod started to play Dear Maria, Count Me In by All Time Low as I started to blow dry my hair because I definitely did not need a repeat of the freezer. I started to sing along with the song.

I finished blow drying my hair and forgot my headphones in my room. Oh great. Now I had to go back in there.

I was just about to open the door when I heard from inside, “Ry, you never told us she was hot when you called.” I smirked to myself.

This was going to be fun.

I pushed open the door with sudden confidence. “Sorry, I forgot my headphones.” I walked over to my dresser again and grabbed my green headphones. They were lying right on top.

I turned around to go to the door. When I reached it I turned around and said with a smile on my face, “Sorry for interrupting,”

I turned around to the door again. I pause when I heard Ryan say something.

“Hey Strider, the guys were wondering if we could go for a run with you. We have football tryouts in a few weeks and we need to start training. So what do you say?” I turned around and grinned.

“Only if you can keep up.”

“I think we can manage keeping up with a girl your size” said a guy in a purple shirt.

Then Ryan interjected, “You’d be surprised what she’s capable of.” He looked at me with a smile and winked.

“Whatever don’t make fun of my size. Hurry up if you’re going to go. I’ll meet you guys down stairs.”