New Enemies That I'm Sure Knowone Would Want

Chapter 9

I opened the door to English 10.

Time to enter hell.

I looked into the classroom and saw that the door was to the back of the room. So everyone was in their seats facing the front of the room and they hadn't seen me yet.

I quickly took a seat at the back of the classroom.

Luckily no one had noticed I was in the room yet.

The boys were talking quietly to each other before the bell rang 3 seconds later.

A man in his late 20's opened the door to the classroom and our eyes connected. He had a questionable look on his face as he mouthed the words, Are you new?

I nodded. But seriously, how can I not look new if I'm in a school full of guys?

He quickly walked up to the front of the classroom and stood up in front of the rest of the students.

"Class it seems, we have a special new student." the man said to them.

"You mean special ed?" one of the boys interjected with a laugh.

"No, she is not special ed." he said to them.

"Teach, you just called him a she." they said.

"No, I didn't. I called her a she." the teacher said.

The guys in the room start to break off into their own conversations about this "Girl."

"Now class if you will be quiet for 5 minutes we can introduce her." the man yelled over the commotion.

The class quickly shut up.

"Now, miss, could you come and introduce yourself?" he asked as he shifted his gaze from the class to me.

I got up from the desk I was sitting in and walked up to the front of the class keeping my daze on the floor.

You can do this, Aria. Just don't show fear and try not to be nervous.

I stood next to the teacher as he introduced himself to me.

"Welcome, I'll be your English 10 teacher. Mr. Spindler, but you can call me Spin. Everyone does." he said as he held out his hand for me to shake. I suddenly felt a small amount better.

I took his hand to shake.

"Now miss--" he said noting he wanted to know my name.

"Aria Strider." I said as I smiled a genuine smile.

"Will you please introduce yourself to the class Miss Strider? Just explain basic stuff, like, your name, favorite color, favorite food, where you moved from, how old you are, what you do in your free time, and something interesting about yourself." Mr. Spindler said with a smile.

I turned to face the class as I quickly fixed my posture to seem more confident. I felt 20 stares grazing my body like a herd of cattle. Not cool.

"So my name is Aria Strider, green, mac and cheese, Liv Virginia, 16, I sing and dance and something interesting would be that I have a photographic memory and I can remember almost everything that someone says." I said with a smile as I watched as everyone's jaws in the room dropped.

Some guy in the 3rd row whispered "wow." It made my slightly laugh.

Spin cleared his throat. "Well I think you finished your introduction in record time. Does the class have any questions?" he said as he looked at the class.