Scourge of Odin

(A/N: OMG. This season was amazing. Spoilers ahead!)

Astrid's been though so much lately. She got the deadly decease, - the Scourge of Odin that would've killed her within three moons. Hiccup had been so worried about Astrid lately. She had almost gotten killed and she got shot in the thigh by a Dragon Root arrow.

Every night after her sickness, Hiccup laid down in his bed, hoping that Astrid would be alright the next day. However, tonight, he helped her home.

It was the day she had defended Stormfly from getting shot. Heather had helped her slowly limp towards the arena.

However, that was hours ago and she had been sitting in the clubhouse ever since. "Hey," He said as he walked into the building, sitting down next to Astrid. "Hey," She responded back and looked down at her hands, flustered slightly.

Hiccup looked at her sincerely. "How's your leg?" He asked and scooted closer to her. "It's...fine, I guess. The only problem is that I can't get home now."

He smiled and stood up, grabbing her hand and bending down slightly, wrapping her arm around his neck. "Hiccup, what are you-?" He interrupted her. "Sshh, I'll take you home," He said calmly and slipped his hand under her knees and back softly.

Astrid smiled. "Thank you," She said and wrapped her other arm around his neck, her fingers disappearing under her hair as she messed with the auburn locks.

Hiccup liked to hold her like this. He knew that she was a tough girl but he also knew that she could talk to him about anything. They had a strong bond. Stronger than with anybody in the group.

However, holding her like this, also made him remember when she had fallen sick for the Scourge of Odin.

She had explained that she was out flying when she saw a fishing boat just drifting with the sea. She had landed to investigate if there were any people on board and when she had found the people, the only survivor had grabbed her arm and accidentally scratched her. The decease spread though her body and she was almost on the brim of death when they gave her the antidote; the saliva of the Buffalord mixed with the plant it was eating.

She had barely escaped death.

He was at least grateful that the antidote had worked and that she was alive and well.

Before they both knew it, they had reached Astrid's house and he pushed open the door, walking inside. Hiccup walked up the stairs and sat her down on the bed, sprinting down to close the door.

When he returned up, she was softly clutching a spot on her thigh, breathing deeply in and out. "What's the matter?" He asked and crouched down in front of her, placing a hand on her knee. "The arrow...well, the wound. It hurts," Astrid said and placed her hand on Hiccup's.

"Can...can I have a look at it?" He asked, gazing into her eyes as he took her hand and stroke it with his thumb. Flustered, she nodded and he helped her stand up.

Hiccup turned around to give her some privacy. He probably had to clean and take care of her wound too. "Hey, where do you keep the medical supplies?" He asked.

"Down the stairs and right."

He walked down the stairs and turned right, seeing a box. He opened it and found some bandages and wipes. Smiling softly, he pulled out what he needed and went upstairs.

He gulped when he saw her. Shoes removed, socks on, no leggings and no skirt. She was slightly flushed and her hands were laying in her lap. When he walked up to her, he noticed the wound on the side of her thigh. There was a huge blue mark around it. No wonder it hurt so much.