Memories

Astrid remembered their interactions when they were younger. From the meeting in the Cove were she found out about Toothless, to the moment they were in now.

She sprinted down the stairs to the cage where she thought Hiccup, her best friend and crush, would be in. Knocking down a guard, she stood on her toes and peeked in. Just as she hopefully had expected, there he was, standing next to a Razorwhip.

"Hiccup!" She yelled in shear happiness before ducking down after Heather told her too. Windshear opened the door, - rather forcefully - making it fly to the other side of the cage. Astrid sprinted in first, heading towards the boy, - no, young man - in front of her.

"Astrid!" Hiccup said and stood up and watched her. When he saw her arms open wide, he raised his and she sprinted into him. Wrapping her arms around his shoulders was a thing she thought would be easy.

A picture flashed in front of her eyes and she smiled. It was the day the Speed Stingers had attacked Berk. She remember that she couldn't find Hiccup anywhere in town and that she lastly looked in the Cove where she found him.

Astrid remembered that she was so relieved to find him. She felt the same thing now.

Hiccup's hands landed on her back and waist and Astrid swore her heart would beat out of her chest. She was sure he could feel it. But, over her own heartbeat, she felt his, beating in the same rhythm as hers and she sighed.

Feeling his hands slowly start to slip away from her, she stood in her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, burring her head into his shoulder.

Hiccup smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Astrid," He whispered into her ear and the blonde shuddered. "Thank you. This means really much to me."

Astrid smiled and lifted her head a little, pulling back. She pressed her lips to his cheekbone and felt Hiccup smile.

He stroke her back before they pulled away. Astrid's cheeks were flushed red. Hiccup chuckled at her, knowing that now, she was the one becoming flustered and not him.

•••

"Hey, Astrid?" Hiccup asked as he knocked on the door. Heather was sitting by the weaponry, sharpening her axe. "Heather?"

"Hiccup? Hi."

"Have you seen Astrid? I have to talk to her..." Hiccup said and straightened himself. Heather nodded. "She said she would take a walk on the beach. I think she's still there," The dark haired girl said and went back to sharpening her axe.

"Thanks, Heather."

"No problems."

•••

"There you are," Hiccup said softly with a smile as he slowly wakes up to the blonde sitting in the sand. Astrid jumped up and turned towards him, sprinting up to him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Is everything alright?" The young man asked, placing his hands on each side of her waist. "Everything's perfectly fine," Astrid said with a smile and laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes.

"Are you sure? This is the second time you hugged me today. There's really nothing going on?"

Astrid sighed. "I was thinking of the possibilities of not finding you. I mean..." The blonde trailed off and her hand started to clutch the strap on his back. "What if I hadn't find you? What if it would've been to late? What if you were...killed? I can't even think of what I would've done, Hiccup. I..."

Hiccup pulled away and looked at her, his hands still on her waist. "Astrid. Listen, that didn't happen. I'm here. I'm fine, I promise," Hiccup said with a small smile and he heart begun to beat fast again. So did his.

Gazing into each other's eyes, they Dooley started to move towards each other, smiling softly.

Astrid placed her hand on his arm, their noses slightly touching. Hiccup's hand landed on her yaw softly, their lips barely half an inch from each other.

Then, he did the move. He kissed her first, catching her upper lip between his. Their eyes shut and she smiled, leaning into him, her other hand landing on his hips.

Their lips moved against each other's slightly before breaking apart. Their breaths mingled before Astrid pulled back and opened her eyes to look at him.

He smiled at her, opening his own eyes.

Staring at each other for a minute, they broke out in laughed afterwards.

Heather was smiling from Astrid's hut. "Finally," She said, patting Windshear. "Come on, girl, we should take a lap around the island to leave those two alone."