Unbound

Hiccup cocked his head, a grin on his face. "Come on, don't tell me you're not up to it," He said, his arm nudging hers.

They had been on a sunset flight and Astrid had complained about her hair getting in the way when they had landed, - she had for some reason not braided her hair as tightly as she usually does, probably because she had been tired in the morning and strings of hair had come loose, falling around her face when they had landed.

"Up for what?" Astrid asked, looking at her boyfriend. It still felt so unreal to call Hiccup that. He had been her best friend for years and then they get together and suddenly, he's boyfriend instead of best friend.

Not that she minded, she loved him, - even if they hadn't said that to each other yet, they knew they meant it.

"We've been dating for months now and I've never seen you with your hair down," Hiccup said, crossing his arms over his chest. Astrid crossed her arms too and smiled at him. "So, now you're daring me to remove my hair ties?" She asked, cocking her head at him.

Hiccup nodded. "Yeah, I'll make a deal with you. You meet me tonight at my hut with your hair down and I'll treat you to a dinner. What do you say, Hofferson?" He asked, rating his head at her a little.

ours prior"Hmm..." Astrid hummed and looked at him, unfolding her arms. "Sure," She said, raising a hand and placing it on his chest. She leaned closer to him. "Can't wait," She said, turning around and walking away from the Club House.

Hiccup stared at her as she walked away, smiling. He got a date with Astrid and he would finally see her with her hair down.

He saw her get onto Stormfly who wasn't all too happy with being woke up from a nap with Toothless and fly home. The Night Fury waddled over to his rider, tired. "I gotta get this dinner ready," He said to Toothless and patted his head. "Come on, bud."

The night came slowly for Hiccup but at the same time, it felt like the sun had just gone down, - even if that had happened three hours prior. The moon was bright and the stars where shimmering in the sky.

He heard a knock on the door and panicked, almost tripping over Toothless' tail as he made his way over to the door to open it.

He pulled the latch and the door opened. "Hey, Astrid, hi!" He said, scratching the back of his head. "You're nervous," She pointed out. Hiccup tried to conceal it with a head shake but she saw right through it and began to laugh. "You dork, it's just a date. We've been dating for months."

Hiccup laughed nervously and let her in.

She hadn't let down her hair but she was beautiful anyways.

Astrid walked inside and was welcomed by a pleasant heat from the fireplace. The weather was slowly turning chillier each night, hinting that the winter was coming. Hiccup closed the door behind them and walked ups to her, hesitant but slowly wrapping his arms around her waist and laying his head on her shoulder.

He felt Astrid relax and lean against him, leaning the back of her head against his shoulder. He saw her close her eyes and he smiled, confident and hugging her tighter. "You're beautiful, M'lady," He said softly, his voice barely above a whisper. He saw goosebumps form on her arms and his smile widened.

Astrid sighed and slowly turned around not wanting him to let her go.

She turns around filly and placed her hands on his shoulder and side of his neck. She looked at him with a smile and leaned up, pressing her lips against his in a lingering kiss. Hiccup kissed her back and held her closer against him.

He felt her move but still stay in the kiss.

Then he felt something slowly start to tickle his hands and he pulled away, staring at her. She had let down her hair and she was beautiful. It was slowly cascading down her back, coming undone from her braid.

"So? I let my hair down..." Astrid began and looked at him, a smile on her lips. "Y-yeah, I see that," Hiccup began, looking at her as he slowly raised his hands to brush his fingers through her hair.

She sighed and let him touch her hair. It felt good. For some weird reason, it felt good to let him touch her hair. She never really liked it when other people toucher her hair. After years of her mother yanking her hair when she combed it, she had become very careful about who was touching her hair.

But, she trusted Hiccup and she knew he wouldn't want to hurt her.

He hit a knot and gently yanked her hair. It wasn't very painful but she felt it.She felt him breathe an, "I'm sorry," into her cheek before slowly unknotting her hair.

"You should wear your hair down more often," Hiccup said once he pulled back to look at her. She was absolutely beautiful with her hair like that.

"Nah, it gets in the way. You saw what happened earlier if I don't braid and tie my hair hard enough," She whispered, her voice soft.

"Yeah, I know but, still."

She rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him. He returned the hug and they just stayed there for a while, not caring about anything in the world except for them at that moment.

"Come on, M'lady, we should eat. We missed dinner for this, remember?" Hiccup asked and pulled away, looking at her.

"Sure, I'm starving."

(A/N: Sorry of this is jumpy, I was in class writing this on my Mac during English class while discussing Verbs and stuff like that that I should've actually been writing down but I wrote this instead. So, here, have this piece of a Hiccstrid and Astrid letting down her hair for Hiccup.)

- Toothless_NightFury1.