Growth

(A/N: For mukimukimorimoriyeah i wanted to write it in This Changes Everything since Hiccup looks like he's 17-19 so here you go.)

Hiccup new a long time ago that he should do a new axe for his father. He just never got around to actually do it, considering all the attacks back at Dragon's Edge and the new dragons coming and going.

However, this time, it was different. His father was turning forty-eight, [1] and what better time would it be to give him the axe he's been thinking about doing then now?

•••

Hiccup opened the door to the house he grew up in, seeing his father sitting at the stairs, his back turned towards him. "Hey, dad," He said and closed the door behind him. "Hiccup?" Stoick asked and turned around, glad to see his son again. "You're home!"

"Yeah..." Hiccup said and looked at the axe in his right hand.

Stoick stopped and looked at the axe in his sons hand.

He remembered him a few years ago, when he practically had to drag the axe behind him if he wanted to go somewhere. He had almost given up on him but he didn't and look what happened.

Stoick sobbed silently and Hiccup tilted his head a little, furrowing his brows. "Dad...? What-" He was interrupted by the bulky man himself, wrapping an arm around him and pulling him closer.

Not to tight. It was a light hug. Where he actually could breath. "Uh...dad?" Hiccup asked awkwardly. "Sorry, son, I just...got lost a little..."

"Oh, okay. Well, here you go. I heard how you talked to yourself about you needing a new axe and since its your birthday, I guess this is my present for you," Hiccup said with a smile and handed the weapon over to his father.

"Thank you, son. I appreciate it."

•••

A few years later, he found the axe on the island he found out about his mother and where his father...died. He promised himself that he'll be a great chief just as his father was along with being a good dad too for the upcoming baby.

Oh, Stoick would've been so happy to see his grandchild.

He never got to.

(A/N: ...I just had to make the ending sad, right? Anyway, I read that Valka was around forty during the second movie so she got Hiccup when she was around nineteen/twenty. Now, Stoick's ten years older than her so he was around fifty/fifty-something around the second movie. Just saying. Hope you liked it, mukimukimorimoriyeah .)

- Toothless_NightFury1.