Part 1 Chapter 1 New Life

~31st December 2012~

About three months ago I finished Uni, a couple of days before my birthday actually. I was studying Psychology, Health and Fitness and English and trust me if you are struggling to chose options, Psychology is a good one.

My brother Caspar is moving over to the UK. Well actually he got here a few days ago but stayed in a travel lodge. We are renting out the house I'm in at the moment in London and I can't tell you how excited I am to be with him again. We are inseparable.

Caspar was supposed to be here an hour and a half ago. Traffic. Or just typical Caspar.

My phone beeps at me from the kitchen counter. I read 'Oops' from Caspar. My first thought is he's forgotten something so I call him.

( C- Caspar ~ E- Emma )

E- "What do you mean 'oops'?"

C- "Right so... brace yourself. I may or may not have agreed to live with someone else."

E- "What?"

C- "So I met this guy through YouTube and he was wanting a roommate so I said yes."

E- "Caspar seriously, I won't have enough money to pay this rent monthly."

C- "...I could lend you money until you get a better job to pay for it all."

E- "That could work only if you're willing to."

C- "Yeah no it's alright it was my fault too."

E- "Alright cheers. I'll also need to meet this roommate of yours soon."

C- "Haha, yeah come over tonight!"

After I put the phone down Caspar sent the address. There's nothing else to do so I start getting ready to go over to his. Luckily their house is only a few streets down so I planned on walking.

I had a shower and did my hair (messy ponytail all the way) and threw on some black jeans, hoodie and trainers. Casual lazy clothes really, nothing special.

At seven I left the house and started walking to Caspar's.

A beautiful house. Large. Two gardens. But still standard. I approach the door and knock. I can hear the doorknob rattling when this very good looking man opens up.

"Hello. Emma?"

"Hey, yeah this is where Caspar's living right?"

"Yeah. I'm Joe by the way" He says stretching out his hand to me.

I take his hand for a hand shake whilst looking in to his blue eyes as doing so he gestures me in to the house our hands still interclined.