Part 1 Chapter 9 Bravery

The months passed; and Joe and I were still together. I decided to make a decision that could potentially change everything. "We need to make a video." I say to Joe, stopping in the street outside this little flower shop.

"A video on what?" He replies with his backed turned rummaging through bouquets of flowers.

"You know what." I say tugging at his arm so he turns around.

"I suppose you're right. We can't keep this a secret for ages. Even some of my closest friends know." He says looking down at me.

"So shall we make a video, and if so when?" I say pulling him into me so this lady with three dogs could walk past.

"Tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yes. We'll go home in a little while." Joe says pulling me along to another shop.

As soon as we got through the door Joe was setting up his lights and background. I went over to help him set up his camera (which was actually one of my ones) "Have you got any idea on what to say?" I said quietly as I switched the lenses over.

"No. But I have been thinking about it." He said while turning on the microphone.

"We'll just have to see..."

And before we both knew it we were sat on the end of the bed in front of millions of viewers.

~The next day~

I woke up to the sound of Caspar clattering away in the kitchen. I said my prayers and begged he wasn't cooking anything for me.

"Good morning!" He said with that happy morning feeling inside of him he never wakes up with.

"What time is it?" I mumble as I rub my watering eyes.

"Just coming up 9 o' clock."

"Why are you up so early? And why am I on the sofa?"

"I'm up early because I need to sort loads of things out."

"That's hard to believe."

"I am a mature man know Emma. I have duties to do!" He says as he drops pan lids on the floor making an echoing sound through the house.

"I mean it's hard to believe you're up early!" I shout over the bellowing noise.

"WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN HERE?" Joe shouts over all the ciaos.

A moment of silence sweeps the neighbourhood. "I'm leaving." Caspar says breaking the silence.

Myself and Joes hearts stop. As we both stare at him in disbelief. "What?" Joe and I synchronize.

Caspar is moving over to the US with Sophia. I ran upstairs into Joe's bedroom. I slide down the side of the bed onto the floor. Tears sting my eyes as I hold them back. Caspar is my brother. Not biologically. But he's the person who means the most to me. He's the person who gave me everything. He's the person I can trust the most. He's my family.

I turn my phone on. I'm flooded with comments and friend requests on all my social medias. The stupid girl I am I turn everything onto public. I scroll through all these messages that have been sent by some crazy subscribers. Some are really nice ad thoughtful and some are horrible that I pull my knees into my chest and just keep reading. I've been through a lot. I know not to cry over things that don't matter. I know to stay strong. And don't let the weaker voices in.