Part 2 Chapter 13

Joe

Emma and I have been together for around 10 months now and she is already such good friends with all my friends; they all say we can all get along really well. She's especially good friends with Niomi. It was only a fortnight ago when they met and they're acting like they've know each other forever, Zoe not so much, it's not like they hate one and other but Zoe is just really pre-cautious of the girlfriends I have. 

The night's past. Together we are curled up on the sofa; ignoring the fact that there are beds in this house, I wake up as the late morning sun opens my eyes. Emma is still asleep, her long wavy hair blanketing her face: so I brush it behind her ear and roll from her embrace. She flinches but I just wrap the throw round her.

After taking a shower I can hear her coming down the stairs; sleepy-eyed, with nonchalance she rubs her face with the sleeve of her jumper, then pulling the hood over her messy hair.

"Morning," She exclaims.

"Looks like you slept okay?"

She doesn't say anything, just smiles and walks by.

Emma

Joe's wet hair drips across his face while his shorts hang low. I brush past him into the bath room where I get myself ready for the day.