Part 1 Chapter 5 Maybe not a friendship anymore

Around 4 months have passed since Caspar moved over to the UK and since I met Joe. I go round their house most days or if not they come to my house. We have all been out to parties together and met each others friends; basically life is good right now and I don't know if it could be any better. Until today.

~17th May 2013~

I've just come back from work. And Joe shoots me a text as I'm kicking my shoes off asking me to come over their house. Of course I say yes because hard to believe I haven't seen them at all this week. He said to come whenever I like so I got into some comfortable clothes (Nike leggings, Nike air maxes and his hoodie - remember?) and chilled out for a little while before heading over there.

I think to myself as I'm walking down the road; how quick this year has already gone, the fact that it felt like Christmas only yesterday when actually it's May and almost half way through the year. The thought of me not knowing all the people I do today kind of scares me.

Once I've knocked on the door, Joe opens up and pulls me into a hug after greeting me in our stupid alien peace hand signal. We laugh and go inside. "Where's Caspar?" I ask after looking around for him.

"I don't really know. He said he'd be out of his meeting a while ago so I think it might just be traffic."

"Oh, right. That's the one down fall about London." I say picking at my fingers as the silence makes me nervous.

"Actually Emma. I have something to ask you." I look up from my hands intensively and laying my eyes on him. "Hopefully if I ask this won't ruin our friendship..." I can't think on what he's trying to ask but I pray it's what I've been wanting. "What do you say about starting a relationship with me?"

That is what I've been wanting to hear. That's what I've been wanting to hear since I laid eyes on him, since he gave me his jumper, since I saw his six-pack, since he gave me his number. Since I knew our friendship was something more...